Trusted Contributor

Re: What Item Have You Bought, Used, and Immediately Gotten Rid Of?

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

It’s usually a bra.

Hear, hear!!! 👍🏼👍🏼

And a few pair of uncomfortable underwear, too.

Respected Contributor

I tried the Elysee Queen of Beauty night cream.  I didn't like the consistency, so I tossed it.

Honored Contributor

I bought some salmon from the Q and it had some kind of crab meat stuffing. The first time we had it, it was delicious. After about 2-3 weeks of being in the freezer, I defrosted a couple of them to have for dinner. They were awful, watery and smelled up the entire house when I cooked them. The next day we had company and I had to drench the house with air freshner. Let's just say ...NEVER AGAIN! And it was not our refrigerator because it was brand new at the time.

Honored Contributor

Definitely skincare.  I'm a realist but even I occasionally fall for they hype and I haven't found one yet that lived up to it's claims.  They end up in the trash.

Respected Contributor

Talk about an error in judgment, I've got one that still makes me shudder, probably 20 years later! 

Susan Graver was selling her peachskin and I was a big fan.  I had a lot of it (still have some, truth be told).  One show featured a split skirt and also a cropped jacket, both of which came in a bright lime green.  I believed Susan when she said they could totally be worn together for a monochromatic look.  I wore that getup to work one day and the instant look on my co-worker's face convinced me that I wasn't as fashion fo-ward as Susan wanted me to be, LOL.  I must have looked like a leprechaun! 

I may have worn those pieces separately with maybe navy at some point, but never wore head-to-toe lime green peachskin again!

Esteemed Contributor

This was an easy one, and had mentioned twice when the topic came up on Breezie Bras approximately a year ago.

Horrible- horrible...I referred those to a torture contraption!!  Too pricey for such an uncomfortable stave sticking, straps not the same length even w/ adjustment. Washed once and the lace came off.

The crab cakes from 7 years ago were delicious as CUSTOMER BEST SELL, then that particular BRAND was removed ( for reasons unknown and the reviews were very high), then replaced with some other brand... NEVER again.

I do not buy Philosophy products anymore...BIG CHANGE from the 10+ years ago, also, any cosmetics.

Have no idea of everything crammed in but I stay with three products I order or buy from Ulta and do not change.

THE WORSE !!! And I posted a review on this one which was eventually taken down when another model was concocted, which was the Calista bristle hand held electric (hot) brush roller for hair/ curl volume. $100.00 + tax and shipping.

My biggest mistake. Many numerous reviews the same as mine - the darn thing caught my hair burning and I couldn't get it loose unless I snipped IT with scissors. I could smell my hair actually BURNING and csalp being hot on medium setting.

MY    ....   Yes #1 MISTAKE: because I had been gone and had not opened the box..( the box was exceptionally pretty by the way -HAaa) but by the the time I used it, the 30 days had expired to send back.

".....My husband had spent a lot of time putting in a special unit station with an electrical set up for my private bathroom".

Woman Mad There it lies in the box...I wish I could have thrown that piece of junk as far as West Chester.

15+ years ago I bought just about everything from here -usually $500.00/monthly, including clothing. Not any more. 

My spending there has decreased by 90%.

I do purchase ( have to / certain #s for this model) being attachments or replacement filters to some of their very pricey electronics,

and do buy three times a year Nick Chavez products to last up to 15 months. I did purchase some new oil cleansers last November. Used immediately. Good!

OH! The TECHNIQUE *TM 18/10 STAINLESS STEEL COOKWARE DESIGNED IN USA- MADE IN THAILAND ...8qt soup pot/w/lid last year had the inside bottom METAL CHIPPING OFF & peeling after 2 years.  ~~~ LOOKS LIKE NEW FROM THE OUTSIDE, but inside a mess. Rust around the bolts where handles are.

Thought I would use that as a starter for planting small seeds. Yes, I guess [IT] happens but very cautious now. 

Honored Contributor

One thing is candles. I gave them to my daughter's friend on more than one occasion.

Trusted Contributor

Doll 10 lipstick

Mally eye liner

Skin Fix hand lotion

First Aid Beauty cream

Perricone "fishy" cream

Respected Contributor

A MIC Keurig that I got on sale at Office Max. Had the strongest, most nauseating plastic scent imaginable! 🤢

I set it up at work and ran a full quart of vinegar through it, followed by at least two gallons of bottled water. Didn’t faze that smell! 

Not wanting to chace that another customer might end up with it, I took it to the landfill. Didn’t put it into recycling either, for the health and welfare of whomever may become tainted by it. Would have preferred to nuke it, truth be told. 

That odor, mixed with the vinegar lingered in my office for days. The windows don’t open... Just thinking about it brings the stench back to mind. 

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

I would have to say a food item, numerous food items!!!!!  Awhile ago I bought sugar free candy and tried a low fat ice cream.  The candy gave me stomach discomfort and the ice cream tasted like card board.  I threw both away after only eating a small amount,  it just wasn't worth it !  

@spiderw Oh my!  I had a really recent food episode!  I have never EVER had an issue with an Edwards frozen pie.  They do rhe killer lemon meringue with the vanilla wafer on the end which is SOOOO loved.

I got a Coconut Custard pie and thawed it.

YUCK!!!!!

Try a pie shell full of goop with whipped cream on top and sprinkled with toasted coconut!  THAT was all the coconut in the pie!  

I emailed them and they're sending me coupons.  I'm in love with the chocolate pie using Hershey's chocolate!Smiley Happy