Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Item Have You Bought, Used, and Immediately Gotten Rid Of?

We always go out for holidays and my grandson is allergic to eggs. While in the grocery store before Easter I noticed deviled eggs! YUM. They were packaged in six or twelve. I bought the smaller package. Returned home and ate two of the deviled eggs with dinner that evening. They tasted pretty good for not being home-made!

However, within the hour, I had diahrrea! Won't ever buy those again.  Don't know if the eggs or the mayo were old, but the four other eggs went into the disposal. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Mostly take-out food!

Esteemed Contributor

Around 10 yrs ago, I purchased a Byzantine ring, 18KT gold, from the Q. I noticed that a wire was sticking up a little when I received it - but I wore it a few times and put it in my jewelry box. After a few months, I decided to wear it again, now the gold started unravelling. I sent it back to the Q - but it was over 30 days and they returned it to me. I tossed it in the trash - as I was so upset. After a few years, I realized that I could have sold it for the gold value. Years ago, I also bought one of those potato peelers - where u stick the potato on a sharp metal piece - and turn the gizmo - so the potato gets peeled. It was a gimmick - and I peeled my one potato faster with a potato peeler. In the garbage it went.

I learned my lesson to RETURN anything I don't like or if it's defective.

Respected Contributor

Yes that's the way to eat. Sugar Free is actually dangerous. We don't know what's in that junk.It is actually a laxative.

Respected Contributor

Please, please  bring it to the attention of the store. Food is to expensive to dimiss it , and get your money back.

Respected Contributor

The only thing I remember is a few items I got at the Dollar Tree had to be tossed after a few uses. I figured out that it was only a $1 and to be careful of what I get there. 

Respected Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Skincare. I have very reactive, sensitive skin. It’s difficult to find products that don’t cause problems.

@bikerbabe , I feel your pain. I’m a member of that tribe too. Sometimes my skin will even trick me by letting me use a product for a while before having break outs. 

I know many of the ingredients to avoid (most considered good for the skin) so that helps a lot. The rest is trial-and-error.

I have managed to find several products that don’t set my skin off.

Honored Contributor

Mostly food items that look good but are a big disappointment for me so I throw them out.  It's hard to find a good bra that is convertible or racer back and that is all I can wear so when I see one that seems good I order it and often they just are not comfortable or dont fit properly.  I would never send anything back that I have worn so I just throw them out.   One other thing stands out that I ordered in the early days of QVC was one of the first handheld  steam cleaners.  It was cheap plastic and really didn't heat up well and it fell apart after using it so I just pitched it rather than going through the trouble of returning it.   Many things ordered then were not great quality and worthless.  

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I will admit DH and I in our younger years made a huge blunder. We bought our first couch and we’re thrilled. Not cheap either. It arrived and did not fit. We made the ultimate cardinal sin. Didn’t measure. It’s just killing me writing this!  So, no matter where we moved it or how we arranged the livingroom it just was too big!  So, we donated a week old couch. Couldn’t return it because it was made with our fabric choice. Went out and bought a new one. Boy was that an expensive mistake. So always measure, measure, measure. 

Honored Contributor

Other than a food item nothing that I can think of  Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller