Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Is Your "I Should Have" or "If I Had Done Differently"?

I wish I had made a different choice of a dr when it came to a serious medical issue. Because I feel I ended up with an idiot and it affected the rest of my life.

I also kind of wish we had built a house in a different place, although God knows I have loved this mountain we live on. Time has changed a lot of things here though and I can't see staying.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG We are friends outside of QVC and I can honestly tell you that (in my opinion) whatever you did or didn't do, you are an amazing person.  I just adore you.  I'm so lucky to have you for a friend.  Take care.

I call it 'woulda'.... coulda'..... shoulda'.  I have very few of those.

I don't dwell on what could have been, I'm too busy with what I'm doing now.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@ECBG We are friends outside of QVC and I can honestly tell you that (in my opinion) whatever you did or didn't do, you are an amazing person.  I just adore you.  I'm so lucky to have you for a friend.  Take care.

I call it 'woulda'.... coulda'..... shoulda'.  I have very few of those.

I don't dwell on what could have been, I'm too busy with what I'm doing now.

@Annabellethecat66 Thank you Luv!  You are Sunshine!

Image result for the sun with lady face

Respected Contributor

@simplyfriends   wow, I have the same kind of regret when my Grandmother died.

I hope that she passed when she knew I was not there to experience the actual event.

I loved her and wish she was still here every day.  She would have been 106 years old if she were still alive.  What an incredible life she had!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I dont have regrets per se because if it was meant to be a certain way, then it would've been. 

I wouldve listened to my intuition instead of pushing it away. I would've really looked out for myself and cared for myself rather than giving others what they wanted.

I should not have stayed in that horrible job wasting so much of my precious skills, it was going no where. I would've seen roadblocks as opportunities for growth. I would've asked for help instead of doing it all on my own. I would've finished what i started (education/career) and believed in myself more.

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

The one thing I regret is not going to college, I wanted to get a job and make money so I could buy all the clothes and shoes I wanted, LOL!  I was 18 and it was the late 60's and at that time, that was important to me!  

Trusted Contributor

If my "now" self had to tell my "past" self something, it would be to not trust people.

It makes me sad to say that but being used and lied to was devastating.  Some things will be with me until I die.

Respected Contributor

I’d have stuck with my piano lessons.  Also wish I’d learned to sail when my parents bought their boat and sailed often, but my children were little and my life seemed so busy back then.  Just thought I’d have more time. 

Respected Contributor

I wish I'd taken that job in LA.   I'd wanted to live there for years and had a chance but passed it up.   

Respected Contributor

No no &n no we learn what could maybe we learn we may not did it right but we mayby our decison right or wrong who knows. We learn, maybe not right at the time or maybe we did right. There is no right or wrong. We figure out the problem at that time for the way is it is for us. /there is right or wrong we do our best.