Honored Contributor

Re: What Is Your "I Should Have" or "If I Had Done Differently"?

@Mz iMac Thank you!  I really appreciate your post.

Esteemed Contributor

nothing as an adult

HS BF regrets. Sometimes I'm still a teen.  sigh.....

Trusted Contributor

simplyfriends, it made me sad when I read what you wrote. Don't regret it. Just let it go. It's okay.😊
Valued Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@simplyfriends wrote:

I should have stayed by my mothers side in the hospital instead of going back to the hotel. I wasn’t there when she needed me and I think about it and regret that decision every day. 

@simplyfriends You didn't share your age when that happened but zI can understand a young person so scared that they chose the path most comfortable.   It's a normal reaction.  

Hopefully. she was ok.

@ECBG  It was just a few years ago (I’m in my 60’s) she wanted me to get some rest and come back in the morning but that was the last I was able to talk to her.  Thank you for your reply. 

Honored Contributor

I seem to have gone through life with no direction, but I've always arrived where I should be. I have some regret not having a direction.  One door shuts, another opens

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I quit wasting the precious time I have left in my life concerning it with "coulda/ woulda/shoulda's" several decades ago. My concern is focused only on the present time of the present day.  

Sure, I like reminiscing about the past, but I don't use any time second guessing decisions I made in my past. Only thing I have a little control over is what I  do in my day to day life. And right now each one of those days are absolutely "GREAT"!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut Thank you.  Often, looking at the past guides the future.  Any of us may have a number of pathways in front of us.

Esteemed Contributor

@simplyfriends  Perhaps she was ready and knew you were not. She saved you the pain by sending you home. She was at peace and simply wanted to sleep. Don't worry about the things you have no control over now. That was in your mom's hands and with God's wisdom. I'm confident she is watching over you every day. Blessings.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Hindsight is 20/20

I don't like shoulda, woulda, or coulda's

I don't like "what ifs"

Life lessons.  

Honored Contributor

Every twist and turn of my life has made me who I am today. Why would I change anything??

"Pure Michigan"