Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Has Happened to QVC?

I mostly have had very good customer service from QVC.  I only had issues once and I called 3 times.  I was finally helped on call 3.  It was at Christmas time last year.  I received a set of 6 luminary candles and one was broke.  The CS service told me they would send me another one.  I waited and waited and never got it.  I finally called  and was told "oh we can't do that"  You must send back all of them.  I said " well it would be nice if someone had told me that in the first place.  It was going to be a gift and I didn't get it in time for Christmas.  

Makes me wonder if they hire extra help just for Christmas.  Considering I have been with QVC since they started and have spent a lot of money, I think only having one issue in 25 years is  pretty good.  

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Well, the plot thickens.  My DH returned from all his errands and shopping.  He called QVC, and the rep he spoke with agreed that we should be billed for an "As Is" watch.  she credited our card for the difference.  He explained the whole scenario, and she did not need to be convinced.  Go figure.

On a funny note, he had multiple copies of our wedding picture made to hand out at the party.  We both agreed we looked exactly the same, except he now is wearing glasses, and I now have a different hairstyle.  Love is indeed blind.

@PamfromCT, was it a ring or a watch?

*Call Tyrone*
Trusted Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Well, the plot thickens.  My DH returned from all his errands and shopping.  He called QVC, and the rep he spoke with agreed that we should be billed for an "As Is" watch.  she credited our card for the difference.  He explained the whole scenario, and she did not need to be convinced.  Go figure.

On a funny note, he had multiple copies of our wedding picture made to hand out at the party.  We both agreed we looked exactly the same, except he now is wearing glasses, and I now have a different hairstyle.  Love is indeed blind.

Did I miss something here ?  Was it a ring or a watch ?

Respected Contributor

I also thought it was a ring, but then the OP says "watch."

Esteemed Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

@PamfromCT, was it a ring or a watch?

I'm wondering the same thing. I thought it was a  diamond ring.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

I had a recent weird experience also.  I ordered a legging expecting it to be processed and shipped and come to find out it was advanced ordered.  There was no indication of this at the time of purchase.  So after another week went by I called to cancel.  They told me it had just shipped that day.  I thought it odd because my order still stated "advanced order" and was not to ship for another two weeks.  She apologized and said when I received it to just stick the return label and send it back and I would not be charged for the label or the S&H.  Well I never received the item but was charged.  So I called today and explained it it all to the CS and she stated "that order was shipped and shows as delivered."  I told her again I did not receive it.  She just sat there saying nothing.  I thought she was checking into it and after a while I asked "are you there" and then she hung up.  I called back immediately and explained the same scenario to the CS and she apologized, refunded me the full amount, was very polite and that was that. 

Esteemed Contributor

My thoughts about all of this:

No customer should have to call numerous times or wait on hold for extended periods or be treated unfairly, especially when the company is at fault. That's terrible CS.  (I am particularly intolerant of this right now since I spent the better part of today dealing with a company I have been loyal to for nearly 20 years,and my frustration level is at an all-time high.  Not QVC, btw.)

I also feel that I must have missed something here.  How did the ring turn into a watch?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PamfromCT wrote:

So, you said at first it was a ring.  Now it's a watch?

And I'm just a bit confused.  If this was the Affinity 5-stone ring that was the TSV on the 10th, it was brand new, so I can't imagine how it could ever have turned up in an "As Is" bag.  No one would've had time to buy it and return it.

And you ordered it on the 10th and already received it in the morning on the 11th?  That must have been shipped at the speed of light.

Then you said you were returning it, but now you're also getting a credit of $300?  (I'd say that was an excessive amount for a credit, but hey, it's your lucky day.) 

Very odd all around, but I agree with some others - no way would I keep anything that caused me such stress.  I'd never be able to enjoy it.

ETA:  I just reread your post and realized that you, in fact, got the "As Is" price.  Mind sharing with us what the As Is item number is?

And the plot thickens even more!  I just looked at As Is and there isn't a single Affinity ring like that listed.  Do tell...what's the item number!

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

So, you said at first it was a ring.  Now it's a watch?

And I'm just a bit confused.  If this was the Affinity 5-stone ring that was the TSV on the 10th, it was brand new, so I can't imagine how it could ever have turned up in an "As Is" bag.  No one would've had time to buy it and return it.

And you ordered it on the 10th and already received it in the morning on the 11th?  That must have been shipped at the speed of light.

Then you said you were returning it, but now you're also getting a credit of $300?  (I'd say that was an excessive amount for a credit, but hey, it's your lucky day.) 

Very odd all around, but I agree with some others - no way would I keep anything that caused me such stress.  I'd never be able to enjoy it.

ETA:  I just reread your post and realized that you, in fact, got the "As Is" price.  Mind sharing with us what the As Is item number is?

And the plot thickens even more!  I just looked at As Is and there isn't a single Affinity ring like that listed.  Do tell...what's the item number!

I do apologize to all for misstating "watch" for ring in my reply.  I guess I was a bit distressed, between anger and tears.  This had been dragging on for hours.  Alas, my fault for the confusion.

I must correct you on one issue.  This ring is not new.  If you care to look up Item J328667, you will note there are 129 reviews already.  You will note many good reviews, but also some customers who did return this ring.

Yes, this ring was ordered on the 10th, and received on the 11th.  I do not know if this was usual or not.  I did have to sign when I received it.  My DH said he told them it was to be part of an anniversary gift, so I have no idea if this is usual or not.  The postage was only $5.  Any thoughts on this?

As far as your confusion on the credit of $300/returning issue, perhaps you misread or perhaps I did not make myself clear.  Despite the "As Is" sticker on the bag, as well as stated on the line of the bar code, QVC initially sought to deny me the "As Is" price because the item number was J328667.

The item number for "As Is" on this ring, told to me by Customer Service, is J332240.  the price for this is $787.50.  It said, as of yesterday, that there were none of these rings available at this time.

Yes, I would return the ring, as it is QVC's policy to always reduce the price of "As Is" items. The most they finally offered was a credit of $300 to be used on future purchases.

In my world, hard for some to understand, this offer was unacceptable.

Perhaps you did not mean it, I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but I somehow get the feeling that you doubt my story.  I am stating here that everything I said regarding this whole scenario is true.  I am not lying, nor twisting the facts.  As far as typing "watch" for "ring" in my later reply, I can only offer that I was worn out by all the phone calls and waiting for many hours for a resolution.

To all who wrote kind and helpful replies, this OP thanks you so very much.  My DH and I will happily celebrate our 50 years of marriage this evening at a restaurant that is our favorite.  We have built a life together, raised and educated a family, had many happy times, and supported each other through good times and bad.  Yes, my DH being "downsized" when our youngest was a freshman in college, my DH's heart attack four years ago, and an ongoing illness I have.  I am finally receiving the help I need, and my PT is already showing positive gains.  We have always supported each other.  I guess that is what love and marriage is about.  And we have raised children we are proud of and delight in our two little grandchildren.  They are the joy of our old age.  I am so over being upset over a silly ring.  

Again, thanks to those who offered positive messages to me.  

Pam

Valued Contributor

I purchase Jewelry for 3 gals (GF, DDs) and I can't stress enough to get every item of jewelry appraised if it is a nice piece and of course add to your home owners.    If a item of jewelry does not appraise for much more then I paid, I return the item (unless one of the girls have their heart set on a certain item which is rare)  I personally have found a nice item will appraise for approx 3 times what I pay (I buy sale items).   Thus if the appraisal is bad you can still return the item.     BTW....my good deals do not normally come from this local.