Respected Contributor

Re: What Famous Person Who Has Passed...

@wagirl wrote:

Robin Williams--still makes me tear up thnking about him--maybe because he was in such pain and felt lost---

I have an oddball TV station that shows old Johnny Carson Tonight Shows & sometimes check to see who is on.

A few weeks ago it was a double-header - Robin Williams AND Jonathan Winters!!

Never saw Johnny C. laugh so much.  Such talent from two people.  Love & miss them both.

Denise
Super Contributor

John Candy. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many come to mind.   Michael Landon for one. I loved the progaming he produced. 

Honored Contributor

John Candy and I can't think of his name this second, but he was in Tommy Boy.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal  I may mis spell his name but I think you mean Chris Farley right?

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

@qualitygal  I may mis spell his name but I think you mean Chris Farley right?

@Jackhound Mom Thank you, that's him!!!  I kept trying to remember his name this afternoon even and no luck.  Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Aviici & Amy Winehouse.....extremely talented singers who would have had so much more to offer in the music world.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Jackhound Mom 

That would be George Carlin, whom many say I resemble. Not many are able to turn every day happenings into humor, he could and did. Sure, a lot of his material was meant for non-prudish "Adult Only" audiences, but most knew that before seeing, or listening to him.  Haven't seen anyone come even close to him since his death in 2008.

I for 1 miss him.

hckynut

@hckynut  I love GC!  I look or looked like the actress Kathryn Hays who played Gem the Empath on a very old original Star Trek.  She was also on "As The World Turns."

It was so wierd to see her on TV when I was young because we had the same manorisms and so many people thought I was her when I would travel.  I'm sure she aged better than I have.lol

Trusted Contributor

I think two people - John Lennon and George Harrison.  If the four Beatles were still around, I believe current music would be different.

Honored Contributor

Al pay too many to mention. Humphrey Bogart, Natalie Wood, Audrey and Katherine Hepburn, John Wayne, and all of the other stars from the golden age of movies...they just don’t make them like they used to.