Respected Contributor

Re: What Famous Person Who Has Passed...

Steve Irwin.

I miss his enthusiasm and love for animals.

The saddest words were from his wife Terri: “I’ve lost my prince”.

Esteemed Contributor

Steve Irwin, John Belushi, Freddie Mercury. And soo many others gone too soon.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@ Montana   !!! I did not see your post before I posted Steve Irwin. We must have thought of him at the same time. Strange.

I agree about his enthusiasm for animals. He was great.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Prince

Michael Jackson

Natalie Cole

Farrah Fawcett

Phillip Seymour Hoffman

Robin Williams

Joan Rivers

to list a few!

Bernie Mac 

Laura Branigan

Janis Joplin

Heath Ledger

Respected Contributor

Luke Perry

Honored Contributor

Robin Williams--still makes me tear up thnking about him--maybe because he was in such pain and felt lost---

Contributor

John Denver for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, George Carlin for sure. His comparison between baseball and football was pure genius. I saw him in concert once and it’s a precious memory. I, too, still can’t get over Robin William’s death. To me he was the most talented and gifted comedian ever. He could create laughter out of thin air. I still love Laurel & Hardy, having watched them for decades. Their films still make me laugh out loud.

i agree with the poster who mentioned Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn. Did you see Charade? One of my all-time favorite movies. They were wonderful together. I think I’ve seen the film at least half a dozen times. Then there was Gene Kelly, the most wonderful Hollywood dancer. His Singin’ in the Rain routine was brilliant. And speaking of brilliant, Katherine Hepburn and Bette Davis were amazing.

My favorite TV detective was Columbo. I actually saw Peter Falk years ago when I was on a Hollywood tour. He was walking his dog. And I couldn’t end here without mentioning Julia Child, the phenomenal French Chef, who brought la cuisine française to us American colonists. She was simply wonderful.

Respected Contributor

Mother Teresa 

Respected Contributor

Patsy Cline and Buddy Holly, who passed way too soon and all the great music that never got a chance to be.

Joan Rivers, had so much life left in her for her age, cut short by tragic circumstances, Princess Diana (maybe not talented, but a very interesting person), Glenn Frey - he was the Eagles to me, Valerie Harper - talented dancer tho she was, I loved her most as Rhoda.  She made Rhoda seem like her alter ego.

Sue Grafton - I loved her Kinsey and wonder what would have come after the alphabet.  And as for authors, none greater for me than Taylor Caldwell.