Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@nikkisaunt1 wrote:

It sounds to me that his family does not consider you to be a significant part of THEIR lives. They very likely see you only as their father's roommate abd friend, but not significant other. Perhaps they cannot accept another love for their father beside their mother who passed. So they exclude you at holidays because that is family time and they don't see you as family. 

Your boyfriend doesn't say anything probably because he doesn't want to alienate his children.  However, you need to figure out if this is okay to you to always be shunted when it comes to his family especially if your own is so warm and welcoming to him. 

also.... children often times think that the OTHER WOMAN in their Dad's life might take part of the inheritance if there is one..... sad but true.   You might be a threat to them. 

That may be true - but the man (her partner) needs to think of his happiness first. His kids need to get over it, as they will grow up and go on their own. Kids should not dictate who or when their father dates. 

Honored Contributor

Who is  the parent,who is the child.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

He doesn't include you on holidays? If not, there is something very wrong! He should always extend an invite to you and to your family and he should want to be with you. 

Esteemed Contributor

@countrylady wrote:

I agree - Talk with him immediately.

I think he should talk to his family.  This should have occurred to him before now.

He lives in your home and his family disrespects you - WRONG!

Time for him to find another home.

He can go live with HIS family.

@countrylady ...That's harsh, but the truth usually hurts. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Why should she WAIT for an invite? If they are living together (of course no answer to these replies) then she should go or stay-up to her.

Also: if these people were able to talk w/each other none of these pots would be necessary.

Honored Contributor

It's posts,not pots. Sorry.