Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Do You Do When Enough Is Enough?

Allow myself time to fuss and fume (quietly and to myself) and think about what I should have said or should have done; have a glass of wine (or two) and allow myself some quiet time, and then move on. Tomorrow will usually be better.....unless things are seriously wrong.

Respected Contributor

Pray, then pet my Golden Retriever.  I hope you feel better soon.  ❤

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

I am fortunate to have many close long term friends who I turn to for support as they do to me when in need.  I also calm myself by reading  or watching a favorite light movie, there are so many.

I also try to calm my nerves because stress affects health.

Esteemed Contributor

Take a nap.  Naps are great.

Honored Contributor

I've had enough several times in my lifetime.  For a long time, I endured it.  One day, I had a "light bulb moment".

I made a major life change.  Looking back, I'm glad I climbed the hill high enough I could do what I needed to.

Peace. Ahhhhhhhh........

Respected Contributor

@ECBG 

Further enlighten us...very curious!

@ECBG wrote:

I've had enough several times in my lifetime.  For a long time, I endured it.  One day, I had a "light bulb moment".

I made a major life change.  Looking back, I'm glad I climbed the hill high enough I could do what I needed to.

Peace. Ahhhhhhhh........

Super Contributor

I do a puzzle, very relaxing with a glass of wine! Also love up my pets helps a lot!

playing extra loud good music gives me adrenaline and energy to excessive which always makes me feel good. Naps are great too! Walk the dogs..... I've done them all! 

Respected Contributor

It is easy this year to become overly stressed with daily life, the pandemic, politics, and so forth.

You have received many great recommendations.

But sometimes, there are serious issues so beyond our control yet directly affecting us that it can be overwhelming--caring for an aging or sick relative, struggling financially, major health issues, and so forth.

A breaking point could mean the loss of hope or not looking towards a better future.

Yes, you need distractions, but you also need to face the issue and say, have I done all that I am capable of doing to the best of my ability to confront this?  If you have tried your best, then you can be satisfied in knowing that fact.  

Life will go on, whether we are content or not, so we have to try to live our best every day, and know that sometimes there will be major disruptions.  After every storm, the sun returns.

Thinking of you and sending my best regards.

Honored Contributor

I don't think I can say.Woman Surprised

Respected Contributor

I distract myself by: reading, watching TV or going to my computer.

Hope you will feel better.