Honored Contributor

Re: What Do You Do For New Years ?

We may go out for a sunset coctail & pu-pus, but come right back home before the fireworks start (some people are already setting them off).  Our puppy is scared to death & there is no way we are going to leave him home alone frightened.  We watch all the coasts ring in the New Year (midnight EST is 7pm HST), so we can watch the east, central, mountain & pacific coasts ring in the New Year, which is good because we couldn't stay awake until midnight if our lives depended on it!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Most years we stay home, have champagne 🥂, and in bed before the new year.

Not sure about this year yet. 

Esteemed Contributor

we went out & partied heavily  before we had kids

ever since we had kids we stay stay home

we still stay home    I loved NYE!  now it's just the 2 of us

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Neither my DH or I care very much about NYE.  During the day we will get out.  We’re going for an early dinner to our favorite sushi place by our house.  Then home to relax and watch tv.  

Wishing everyone a healthy & happy 2019!

RubyNoel
Honored Contributor

I’ll give the same answer I give every year. 

We do nothing on New Years Eve.  It’s my least favorite day of the year. I talk to a friend from high school on the phone. That’s a tradition we’ve followed forever. Then I go to bed early. 

I’m at my happiest when it’s January 2nd and the holidays are, finally, over. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Celebrating with neighbors. Perfect because the hosts are three doors away in our townhouse community. Just a quick walk away. Casual home celebration. I should be in bed by 1:00.

I would have been just as happy to be at home with my pup, but grateful to be on someone's invite list.

Honored Contributor

We have not gone out to celebrate New Years Eve since we got married in 1974. This New Years as in years past I will make a pork dish, this year it will be pork roast with marsala wine sauce. I don't drink, but my husband will ring in the New Year with a few beers.LOL Hopefully we will not be subjected to the locals shooting off guns and fire crackers. After all these years I can't believe there isn't an ordinance against that, it gets the milk cows and beef cattle all fussed up.

Honored Contributor

Chinese food, champagne and binge watching Netflix.  

Honored Contributor

We used to go away for New Year's--Disney World, Willliamsburg, skiing in VT.  Then when we lived  in NJ, we went to Times Square a few times.  Now I watch the ball coming down in Times Square--it's 11 pm here in Chicago--and go to bed.  That's my NYE!!!!

Valued Contributor

Before i got married, i would sometimes go out with friends to a party and celebrate. I actually love new years. I still would love to go out but we live in the midwest and its cold as the north pole sometimes. My husband isnt much into going out so its on me to plan. Last year, we went out for an amazing dinner and partied afterwards. This year, id love to go out again but we shall see. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop