Respected Contributor

Re: What Do You And DH Do After Dinner Normally?

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

Dh?

Sorry if you are not the poster I am thinking of, but I remember someone explaining all the abbreviations to you as you ask every time. Dear husband. Google will give you all the info.

So what is tthe problem here? You do not have to reply.

@libbyannE If you do not understand the abbreviations, please do not hesitate to ask. I have been on here for years and still do not know all of them. It is OK if you have asked before. The nicer posters will be glad to help you as they have me.Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

"Jeopardy" followed by a "Big Bang Theory" or "Seinfeld" rerun.

Honored Contributor

We watch a political show most weeknights, maybe watch a show we both like, and then separate to watch tv, fiddle around on the internet, play games or work on a puzzle (him) or read (mostly me).

Sometimes we run out to do our shopping.  Most nights we walk the dog together.

Honored Contributor

Used to go on evening walks around the neighborhood.  Not at all now, though.  Too many roaming coyotes, racoons, and skunks now-a-days.  Lots of sightings.  So, it just isn't worth it, worrying while walking.  And being sprayed by a skunk wouldn't be very relaxing, to say the least.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

Dh?

Sorry if you are not the poster I am thinking of, but I remember someone explaining all the abbreviations to you as you ask every time. Dear husband. Google will give you all the info.

@libbyannE If you do not understand the abbreviations, please do not hesitate to ask. I have been on here for years and still do not know all of them. It is OK if you have asked before. The nicer posters will be glad to help you as they have me.Woman HappyHeart

Thank you. Why abbreviate? And why "dear husband?" If I start making up my abbreviations, will anyone understand? Just spell it out!

Honored Contributor

He cooks, so I clean. Then I do my nighttime skin care routine and we watch a bit of tv, then go to bed.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

We both cook, then we both clean. We used to watch the news, but gave up. Now he watches a bit of television while I do my exercises and then grab a shower. We're usually in bed by 9:00; he'll watch tv in the bedroom and I will read.

Honored Contributor

My husband does the cooking, so I do the clean up....In the nicer months we take a nice walk after dinner, but in the winter, we do our workout in the house.....I try to workout either before or after dinner for 30 minutes or more 5 to 6 times per week. If I have exercised before eating which is most likely, then we both veg out after working extremely long days.......

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

Dh?

Thank you. Why abbreviate? And why "dear husband?" If I start making up my abbreviations, will anyone understand? Just spell it out!

It's pretty common and well known lingo.  Like BIL is brother-in-law, SIL is sister-in-law, SO is significant other.  LOL is laughing out loud, you get the picture.

Sometimes someone abbreviates and I don't know so I google search it and if I can't fine it, I ask. 

Honored Contributor

It all depends on the day of the week.  We have a building project going on so sometimes DH isn't home when I get home from work because he's out at the site working or sometimes we eat and he goes out there.

Many nights, after dinner and clean-up I go upstairs to exercise, he goes in the basement to the treadmill and then we end up back in the family room watching tv.  We pretty much watch the same things but if it's something he's really not interested in, he'll diddle around on the computer while I watch and if it's something he wants to watch that I don't care for, I'll read a magazine or play a game on my phone.

If it's nice, I often go outside and sit on the deck and play with my dog or I'll go for a walk around our development.