Honored Contributor

Re: What Do You And DH Do After Dinner Normally?

@mishka14 wrote:

I cook diner,  usually we both clean up after...or just one of us, depends.

He watches t.v. on the 4 season sun porch, and I am on the computer, and watch t.v. in the living room..Guess we are boring but we are happy, 51 years married in May. 

We both like different t.v. shows,  so it's fine.

@mishka14,Hey Girl, it works!  We're essentally the same!

Respected Contributor

I do whatever I want because my DD and DC don't care.  (dear dog and dear cat)  There is no DH.   Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Wow I'm surprised to read that so many go their separate ways! My dh and I do everything together. After the dishes are cleaned up we settle down together to watch the news to catch up on the things going on in the world. We then have a bit of dessert and decide what show to watch on our dvr. Woman Happy Heart Man Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Wow I'm surprised to read that so many go their separate ways! My dh and I do everything together. After the dishes are cleaned up we settle down together to watch the news to catch up on the things going on in the world. We then have a bit of dessert and decide what show to watch on our dvr. Woman Happy Heart Man Happy

If you had to watch the shows my husband watches, you'd scedaddle too.

Honored Contributor

I still work full-time and DH is home on disability, so he has taken over preparation of the evening meal.  This, I truly appreciate!  When we both worked, the job fell to me -  and then he would do the dishes.  Now, he says --- you work hard all day --- so I will cook and do the dishes.  While he does the KP, I go and get in my p.j.s and wash up.  Afterwards, we look through our mail together and make comments --- negative and positive!  Then, we settle in the living room.  He has a favoriate recliner and I, a favorite spot on the couch.  I might look over the paper while he watches the news and points out things of interest.  Then, he suggests shows which he has already "scoped" out for us and then we decide what to watch together.  Since we retire really early, on-demand is really useful for us!!!!  We do pretty much everything together!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

Sounds like we are all up to pretty much the same after dinner.We are so predictable...is there anyone who shakes it up out there

@dex  LOL, after 46 years there is not a lot of shaking going on, except maybe the Mira-Lax.Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

I cook, he washes dishes and cleans the kitchen.   Then we retreat to our respective TV rooms for the evening.  

Respected Contributor

We eat dinner very late: about 9 PM.  This started many years ago when DH loved to stop at a local market near his law office.  When I tried to start a side dish, it never worked out:  I never knew what caught his attention at the market !

It could be pierogies or whole lobster...  The night he brought home the lobsters it was 10:30 by the time the boiling and meat picking were done.  Then he wanted to carmelize the onions sauté the lobster chunks.  It was delicious  but I went to sleep as soon as I got up from the table.     Not healthy, I know.....rare event !

Normally, he loves to cook:  it is his way of relaxing after working.  As he says, no one calls a lawyer to just chat.  Every phone call is a different problem to deal with.

We watch a program while eating...since it usually is an on demand program, we can stop it and chat.  We share a bottle of wine with the meal.  

After straightening the kitchen, I get ready for bed and he checks stocks or some news on the computer.

A lot of times, whatever he is cooking makes use of the frozen homemade marinara sauce I have made ( 20 pints at a time which gets used for tomato soup, pizza topping, pasta, etc. ).

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@happygolfcartrider  So funny. 47 years for us and same old same old!

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

If you had to watch the shows my husband watches, you'd scedaddle too.

Yes...my dh and i watch TV usually separate....he watches sports 99% of the time.....I enjoy some sports but can't take watching it all the time.....