Trusted Contributor

What Did You Do Today That Made You Happy?

[ Edited ]

I had a rather difficult day at work today and at the end of the day I just felt blah!  So, I wanted to go from negative to positive and thought about what made me happy today.  Besides waking up, of course, which always makes me happy, it was also: 

1) Going for a walk with the dog in the morning.  It made me happy to just see how happy he was.

2)  Enjoyed seeing a few people on my walk and saying "good morning" to them and receiving in return a "good morning" with big smiles. That made me happy.

3) I watered my plants this morning and looking at all the pretty flowers made me happy.

4) Having a kind supervisor at work made me happy.

5) Waiting for biopsy results of husband's prostate biopsy.  Had it done last Friday and have still not received the results.  I thought maybe no news is good news and that made me happy.

6) One of my favorite summer shows Big Brother is on tonight - that made me happy!

7) Easy dinner tonight.....leftovers - that always makes me happy!

Oh my......I guess it was good not to dwell on the bad things that happened at work, as there was sure a lot of simple things that happened that made me happy.  Sometimes I guess you just have to stop for a moment and try to dwell on the good and not the bad!

:-)

What made you happy today?

Regular Contributor

Re: What Did You Do Today That Made You Happy?

Worked on a quilt for a friend who's going through a rough time. Tonight I'll go with My Beloved and SIL to a soccer match. 

Football is my favorite season.
Esteemed Contributor

Reading your post of gratitude made me HAPPY, and I thank you for sharing it!!!👍👍❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

My brother, sister and I inherited a great sense of humor from our parents.  Today while talking to a friend or two, I made them laugh!  That made me happy.

Honored Contributor

DH (who lost his father and uncle to prostate cancer) and has been checking his PSA for 20 years had a recent blood test that tripled.  We were just told by his Urologist that was wrong and they tested his blood and it was the same number (pretty much) that it's been for 20 years.  That made me extremely happy when I heard it and I'm still SO happy.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Contributor

[ Edited ]

After reading your post, I admit that my day was chock full of happy moments. 

1.  Waking up this morning. So many did not get that opportunity and it is paramount on my happy list.

2. Seeing my elderly mom's smiling face again as I helped her get ready for her daycare. She has dementia, but she still knows me.  Hooray!

3. Being greeted by my three dogs with so much love always. They always make any difficult day great.

4. Having a loving attentive husband.  

5.  Taking care of my massive garden. Flowers bring me so much joy. 

6.  Nature in general. Love the birds, squirrels, fox, goats and everything I am surrounded by.

7.  Great neighbors who look out for each other.

8.  While my health isn't fantastic, it is better than most. Grateful!!

9.  Loving siblings that I visited for the first time since the pandemic for the Independent Day holiday.  Priceless!!!

10.  God's grace and mercy upon my life.  Not enough words ever. 

Honored Contributor

I kissed and held my big American Bulldog,  drove in the sunshine, and listened to Purple Rain.Smiley Happy

Contributor

Well now who can beat Purple Rain?  Heart

Respected Contributor

Just watched England win 2-1 Euro Soccer we are through to Final on Sunday yahoo it's coming home!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Feeding our Spring/Summer resident Robins mealworms

Making a to-go lunch for DH

Watering our gardens

Cool/comfortable temps today...high 70's/low 80's

Watching old movies on TCM

Soaking in a hot bath

Harvesting our veggies/berries

Looking forward to dinner tonight...bone-in pork chops and salad

Ordered the L&L TSV and a pair of shoes