Trusted Contributor

What Are Your Plans This Weekend?

Nothing exciting on my end - Saturday

• Have an early beauty shop appointment tomorrow so will need to get up around 5:45 a.m. so I have time to take a shower, take the dog for a walk and get to the beauty shop.
  • Come home and house clean.
  • Do a little work outside.  The weather here has been so hot I have not done much weeding, so will try to do some tomorrow as it's not suppose to be as hot.
  • Do a little watering - have not had any rain her for almost 2 weeks.
  • Go out for dinner.

As for Sunday, will probably try to get a few more things done that are on the "to do" list.

How about you - what do you have planned?

Have a great weekend everyone!

Respected Contributor

Re: What Are Your Plans This Weekend?

Beautiful here tomorrow, as is today. We are headed to our little beach condo. Sun, sand, surf and the grandkids!

You have a great weekend too @BunSnoop 

Esteemed Contributor

Not much of anything until late September or October. Go to the store early before it hits 100 degrees by 8 am. To hot to do anything outside. Winter is our time to get things accomplished. 

Honored Contributor

Since today and tomorrow will be the hottest days of the summer so far, we plan to stay home after lunch.

We stay in and keep shutters closed and A/C on 75.

Respected Contributor

@BunSnoop I wish we had some fun activity planned, but we will be trying to repair everything that happened today. I needed to do laundry, so on my first load the washer decided to spin itself into outer space. I had to stop it before it went totally bonkers. I have never had one do that before.

My husband is recovering from surgery and wanted BBQ for lunch. I placed the order, drove to pick it up, and when I got back home the garage door would not lift. I entered through the back door and found the spring broken that lifts the door. I cannot lift it by myself. We called to get a repair scheduled, but no technician was available until Tuesday.  We decided to pay for an after hours service call to get our car out of the heat and back into the garage. He will be here sometime after 5:00.

The main light in my kitchen lost 3 of 4 bulbs. I guess we had a power surge or something. My husband cannot climb or lift, so I think I will call our electrician Monday for help. I want to add a plug in my bathroom so maybe I can get that accomplished as well.

I am on my last raw nerve, so I plan to do absolutely nothing until Monday. Maybe that will help. If anyone does anything exciting, please post. I will live vicariously through you.

Honored Contributor

Got all the food shopping done today , and, stopped to gas up the SUV on the way. Still getting over the sticker shock at the supermarket. It seems every week new prices! 

The weather for Saturday and Sunday in New Jersey will be in the 90's, so doing usual stuff inside!

Enjoy your weekend

Respected Contributor

@BunSnoop I never make plans as I have found they are made to be broken.  Currently I may take in a movie this weekend as it will be 102 in miserable, muggy Mississippi on Saturday and church on Sunday.  I will come home home from church, eat, change clothes and stay in like a vampire avoiding the heat and sun.

Esteemed Contributor

DD has a haircut in the morning then she will grab as few groceries. She is bringing work home so she will be upstairs doing that.

Me, i have an exciting date............with a Swiffer,  I have dust bunnnies the size of baby armadillos to chase down.  Add a couple loads of laundry and that, sadly, is my weekend.

It's to be 90 and humid. Luckily, only Sat and Sun then back to the 70s.

Esteemed Contributor

I started the day by taking the day off and went to a cute little town about 45 minutes away with 3 friends .  It's a small town but they have lots of cute shops and boutiques.  We had lunch at a tea house that was really cute and everything was delicious.  

Tomorrow I'm meeting my two best friends from high school for lunch and a visit.  One of them lives in Canada and hasn't been back home for about 3 years.

Sunday will be church and then doing some odds and ends here at home.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Not much.  They are predicting 90 degrees on Saturday and Sunday so I whatever I do will be inside in the a/c.  But I do want to visit the Farmers Market very  early in the morning, before the parents get there with their little kids, dogs, strollers.  Last summer because of Covid, 8am to 10am was reserved for disabled people or those over 60.  It was wonderful!  We could shop leisurely at all the booths without worrying about being tripped up.