Honored Contributor

Re: What Are Your Mother's Day Plans?

let;s hope it doesn't rain all day like yesterday 

Respected Contributor

Going to NJ for weekend to be with my Mom. We will have a brunch with my narcissistic sister, nephew and my son will hopefully come too. It should be nice, despite my sister complaining about her life.

I was blessed with a great Mom and I always take care of her. Also blessed with a good son. Not blessed with an identical twin sister who only cares about herself.  Can’t win them all.  When I get home Sunday night, my husband and I will go to dinner. He is a blessing too. Happy Day whatever you do!! 💐❣️

Honored Contributor

Just another day.

Respected Contributor

It's just another day. We've never observed either Mother's or Father's day in my family. 

If the weather is decent, I'll probably play golf. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

Agreed, just another day. No kids, moms gone, just my husband and fur babies. 

Trusted Contributor

On Sat I've volunteered to help run a concession stand at a fundraising festival for my young son's school. (Sure hope it doesn’t rain!) So we don't have big plans for Sunday.

After church, I'll FT my mom out in CO while she opens her gifts from us. Then we'll do the same with my husband's mom out in OR. My son is making me a surprise gift in his art class at school, and my husband will make us an early dinner before he has to go to work that evening. I have hinted that if there's to be flowers... I'd love a certain rose bush to plant outside. 😉

A Happy Mother’s Day to all here who observe.

My heart goes out to all of you with deceased mothers and/or children, as well as those with less than loving moms. 

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty  same thing at my house.....don't even go to church....been humiliated a time or two so we don't eat out either.  I had a great mom, she has been gone 25+ years.

Trusted Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@onlyshopsonline 

Me too.  Wish it were not so for both of us.

I found a greeting card which read:

Hope You Have the

Mothers Day

You

Deserve!

Bought dozens & sent them for years.

Clueless, if you get my drift.

Yup, I did the same thing.  Looked for "bland" cards for birthdays and Mother's Day.  My mother wasn't clueless, mostly because she was a major narcissist.  If you weren't fawning over her, you were useless to her.  And, I refused to fawn over her.  I was much stronger than I ever gave myself credit for.   Got to a point that I just couldn't deal with it anymore.  And, she began turning on my daughter, as she grew matured, because she saw her as competition too.

I broke that cycle.  My grandbabies will never deal with it.

My husband tries to make Mother's Day special, because I am a great Mom and a great Gram.  But, I'd rather just see the day pass by.  

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

My children and grandchildren will all be out of town on Mother's Day this year. I am quite sad about it, but they know it is a special day so guess they prefer to spend it with each other and not with me.
Esteemed Contributor

I am in the camp thinking it's just another Hallmark day. My kids are good to me all year round so this upcoming Sunday is just another day. When they were  little and did the handmade things it was nice and I still have some of them.  Years ago when they became adults I threatened to ground them if they got Mother's Day gifts or did anything fussy.  There is not one single thing I need or want. They will be here and as for dinner, I don't care if it's steak on the grill or Subway.

I worked 8 consecutive Mother's Days in a restaurant and the Sultan of Bruni does not have enough money to get me out to eat on Mother's day. I grew to hate holidays after working there for years.