Honored Contributor

What Are Your Great Grocery Store Prices For Memorial Day?

I got Dukes mayo for $1.98 when usually a "wonderful deal" is 2/$6.00!

Yoplait yogurt 38 cents

Ears of Corn 12/$5.00

Any killer deals in your area?

Also, I needed plain flour and our baking area has been totally restocked!

Honored Contributor

Re: What Are Your Great Grocery Store Prices For Memorial Day?

This is at Acme, with digital coupon:  Cherries $1.48 per lb (limit 2 lb) and Seedless Watermelon $2.99 (limit one).

Honored Contributor

Good grief!!! Just realized Mem day is this coming Monday----forgot all about it with everything going on--not doing anything , of course, no special menu plans just the same ole stuff around here. Don't do much in-person grocery shopping --have it all delivered. So not sure what specials are available----

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

This is at Acme, with digital coupon:  Cherries $1.48 per lb (limit 2 lb) and Seedless Watermelon $2.99 (limit one).

Just got the new Acme ad. OH MY! If you like lobster ($6.98/lb) or crab legs (9.99/lb) they are having a sale.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

A spectacular deal with eggs now that the price is skyrocketing.

With my Weis card and 100 points redeemed I got an 18 pack of large

eggs for 99 cents.

I don't even shop Weis every week. All you have to do to get points is

shop there once and do the survey on the receipt to get 100 points a

week and it is that easy!!!

I might bake a cake with them and use some for macaroni salad.

Honored Contributor

I am in southern WV, and found NO great prices on anything at IGA today!  

I only saw empty shelves for pasta, disinfecting wipes and cleaners, no smaller bottles of bleach, no Dawn dish soap, and no name brand toilet paper.  Paper towels were plentiful, altho not brand name.   No shortages on any meat products.  

Everything I put in my cart was higher than my last trip 3 weeks ago; milk, sugar, dry beans, bologna, bread, etc.   The store actually had Clorox bleach, the large bottle which is  about 130 oz was priced at $5.89!  

My husband wants to pressure wash the garage and asked me to get 2 gallons of bleach, but not at that price!  I will check Dollar Generals price for bleach, but he might be using Pine-Sol or an equivalent this year!

Respected Contributor

Honestly, I really don't pay that much attention to prices in the grocery store.  I don't read the ads, I don't do coupons. It's not worth the time it takes for the pennies potentially saved. I just buy whatever is on my list, and a few things that catch my attention while I'm in the store. I DID draw the line at paying $4.99 a pound for asparagus this week. That seemed too high for me. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Shoprite has corn for .19 an ear. 

We bought it last weekend, the bi-color, it was delicious!

Honored Contributor

I'm in the midwest and nothing much is on sale.  Regular prices have gone up in price at 20% to 40%.  What is on sale is still 20% higher than it was 3 months ago. And it's very difficult to find beef, chicken, toilet paper, dried/canned good including pasta, and many other products. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Safeway/ Albertsons has sweet corn for a penny an ear, and a one pound package of Lucerne butter 64¢.