Trusted Contributor

What Are You Planning To Do Today?

I just came back from taking my little fur baby for a walk.

I did a little grass pulling under my crab tree.  (Grass was growing in between the hostas).

I helped pulled out some ramps out of our shed so my husband can get the tractor out to cut the lawn.

Going to take a shower; and then....

It's time to do the the house cleaning!!!

I work Monday -Friday, so I try to get the house cleaning, paperwork, etc. done on Saturday so maybe Sunday can be a little more restful.  It does not usually work out that way as usually I find things on Sunday that need to be done; however, with this being a 3 day weekend, maybe I will find some time to just put those feet up, curl up with my little fur baby, sit outside and enjoy looking at all the pretty flowers I planted a few weeks ago.  Enjoy your day!

Respected Contributor

Re: What Are You Planning To Do Today?

I was going to go to Lowes to buy some basil plants and plant them.  But it is a little grey out today and I did not sleep well last night so I think a nap is in my plans for today.

Esteemed Contributor

I was out at 8 a.m.. Picked up a few items at Walmart, gassed up the car and decided to run into Aldi when it opened, as it was next to the gas station. 

Came home, had breakfast and checking in here, all before 10:00.

The usual Saturday load of laundry awaits. Although the sun peeked out as I left the house it looks to be an unpleasant day weather-wise. 

I need to make several trips to the basement today. Dreading it, as my knee is bad and I had to go off the meds-too many side effects. Can't start a new med until next week.

The community pool is closed. Does not at all seem like Memorial Day weekend, but what else is new? Nothing seems as it should. 

A good day for some housework, reading and TV.

Super Contributor

Went out to supermarket and picked up the food that I plan on eating on Memorial Day.  Nothing big.  Hot dogs hamburgers, red skin potato salad and I will make macaroni salad.  Also, corn on the cob.  Yesterday I cleaned my deck, chairs, new table cloth.  The weather here in New York (Nassau County) is suppose to be nice on Monday. I'm ready!

Esteemed Contributor

Going to the gym, Target then to Dillard's. Then wait for a delivery.

Respected Contributor

we are going to try to go out to eat, (our first attempt at this)  to a nice little cafe that we frequent.  it's outside, so i feel ok about it.  and i say we are going to try because who knows if there will be room for us, with 6 foot social distancing.  we thought we'd leave about 2:00, which puts us between lunch and dinner ... thinking that this might be our best shot.  wish us luck.  

Honored Contributor

Busy/boring weekend. We're taking everything off the walls, out of china cabinets if against walls, etc. Painters coming June 1st to paint interior of house. What a mess that will be!! Was supposed to be done in Feb., well had to be postponed. Still not thrilled about workmen here, but they said they're masked anyway because of slight paint fumes. I guess I'll be masked that week, too. 

All rooms have white 6"-8" ceiling, window, transom, door, floor and chair moldings. That will take the most time to put that tape on to block it out...unless they paint that first & then tape it off. 

Honored Contributor

Too late!!  my 1-3 to do list is all done now.

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

I was going to go to Lowes to buy some basil plants and plant them.  But it is a little grey out today and I did not sleep well last night so I think a nap is in my plans for today.

@ninjawife   Love fresh basil, but my vote will always go towards a nap!! 😴

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Going to the gym, Target then to Dillard's. Then wait for a delivery.

@Meowingkitty   Envious. Our gyms not open until "maybe" June 15th.