Respected Contributor

Re: What ACHIEVEMENT are you most proud of?

@kaydee50 wrote:

Being married for 42+ years, most of it happily--LOL!!.  In this day and age I consider that quite an accomplishment!  I sometimes feel like a dinosaur.

You are a dying breed, I'm sorry to say.  My own marriage is VERY tough. " It's not us....it's everything around us."  However, some people don't mature enough even middle aged ones and THAT is a tough nut to crack.

I'm glad for you....

Respected Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

@Flatbush 

Not wringing my husband’s neck after 50 plus years of marriage.

He is such a pain in the you-know-what and I’m perfect.

I’m gonna keep him only because no one else wants him.

That and he gave me four great children. They look like me.

Wow, what a paradox.

Respected Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

As far as my proudest achievement.........I lost my dad close to my 21st birthday (he was only 49).  With his company insurance we had a 24 month window to go to community college and get a degree and they would pay for it.  With a one year old and pregnant for a second, I went to school part time at night for one year to get my intial courses done.   I had my son in the middle of that second semester.  The following year I completed my certification in Dental Assisting and got my Associates degree..........difficult time but I had a supportive husband and wonderful siblings that helped me through.  Even though many nights I cried and simply fell asleep on the living room floor on top of my books.  

That's my story.

Your post made me cry.  Must have been really tough for you.

Honored Contributor

So many wonderful things you all have accomplished and I give you all so much credit!  A lot of these things took so much courage, strength and dedication!  

I don't think I have any big achievements compared to all of you, but I guess I will just say that I am proud of the fact that I have had to go through many things in my life --- poverty, illnesses, depression, deaths, etc., but have never given up.  My determination and faith keep me going.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

What a nice thread.  I think everyone has many, many accomplishments even if they don't realize it.

Raising children is hard, and sometimes difficult.  Having two sons who are genuinely nice people and contributing members of society are my greatest achievement.  My oldest had a father who never lived in the same town and although a nice man, wasn't involved in the slightest in his upbringing and my son is the most wonderful father to his young children.  He picked a fantastic woman to marry, and I couldn't be happier on how his life has turned out.  My younger son is also a wonderful man as well and I couldn't be more proud of what he has become.  I almost lost him in a horrible accident a few months ago, and am so grateful that he will be OK.   

I stuck it out on a job that at times made me want to walk out, but after 40+ years, and numerous company sales, I have a job I love, a team that I respect, and enjoy going to work every day.  My days couldn't be any better.

Sometimes surviving through what life throws us is our greatest achievement. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

For me--it is that I have survived 2 life changing events---nothing that will leave the world in better shape but---I went thru breast cancer and all the fun that whole thing brings--- in 2012 and as of 2022 am still cancer free and then just from the end of 2020 until now---I survived going thru a divorce and all the fun that whole thing brings!!  Both were unimaginable and hard and scary but I did survive!!! I guess that is an accomplishment of sortsWoman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

I have read all of these postings more than once, and each one moves me.

I am sad that some posters think they had nothing to be proud of. Life can be wonderful, but I bet not one of us has had a perfect life.

There are sad patches at the very least and they have survived and come through it. Some times there are very dark nights and you weather it and see a new day.

These are just a few of the difficulties  that they have endured and accomplished.

I thank ALL of you for posting.

You have enriched my days with each and every sentence you wrote.

Honored Contributor

To reach the age of 66 with common sense, wisdom, and no regrets.