Valued Contributor

Re: What ACHIEVEMENT are you most proud of?

I have been thinking about this question since yesterday. It has given me pause to evaluate my accomplishments as well as some failures in my life.  It is tough to choose just one. I attended college while working full time, which means I went to school at night and earned my Bachelors of science in Accounting. It took 6 years and I graduated debt free as my employer  paid for my tuition. 

I have been happily married for forty years to the same wonderful man. Of course there were challenges but we faced each one knowing with love , understanding ,patience and prayers we would overcome them. 

We have raised three amazing sons.  As  with everything else this comes with challenges of its own. They are educated,kind,compassionate men starting families of their own.

I enjoyed a successful career and survived breast cancer. I am proud of all these accomplishments. I kept my Faith throughout my life, even during difficult times which may be my best accomplishment because it's my Faith that's played a major role in all my accomplishments! 

Honored Contributor

I don't really have any accomplishments I'm particularly proud of.  However, my parents were quite proud of the fact that I graduated as the first woman in my field at my college.  So much so that they had it published in the local newspaper.  

Respected Contributor

Raising three boys and taking care of my parents who died at 95 and 99 years old. Would do it again but it wasn't easy. 

Valued Contributor

Knowing when it was time to let my fur babies go, even though it broke my heart and I'm tearing up even as I write this. You MUST put their comfort first rather than be selfish by keeping them long after it was time to let them go. Woman Sad

I should also add that it's comforting to know I have their ashes buried in my back yard; it feels like they're still hear and we're still watching over them.

Valued Contributor

@Glittergal wrote:

Rescuing disabled or sick animals and letting them live out the happiest life possible with me.  That makes me feel the most proud.

There's a special place in Heaven for you Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

Knowing when it was time to let my fur babies go, even though it broke my heart and I'm tearing up even as I write this. You MUST put their comfort first rather than be selfish by keeping them long after it was time to let them go. Woman Sad

I should also add that it's comforting to know I have their ashes buried in my back yard; it feels like they're still hear and we're still watching over them.

@PuppyLoverBob666 

Can't let your post go without saying something about this. The older our felines get the harder this becomes. Almost all if our cats we have had cremated. The last of our group of 13 indoor only, we had to euthanize just 2 weeks ago today, she was 21.

Of our many over the decades, only 3 have just died in our home. The others were, as you mention, watched and taken care of until their quality of life went downhill. Knowing exactly the right time is a heart wrenching time, and the decisions never came easy.

One of our 13, that was almost a part of my skin, every year he was with us. He was mine and I was his. He was 17 and died in another room, but not more than 6' from me. Finding him tore my heart out. He had never been sick and whatever it was killed him very quickly. His urn has been sitting right next to me, on a table, since he died.That was at the end of December.

Thank you for putting up your comments about their quality of life comes first.  =^..^=

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Contributor

Omaha! Lived there 13 years. Sons and their families still there. One grandson loves hockey and is on a team that travel to surrounding states.  I've lived all over the USA and Omaha was the easiest town not to get lost, driving. North Carolina for 26 years now and love it but don't like the distance due to my lovelies in Nebraska.

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn 

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

@PuppyLoverBob666 

Can't let your post go without saying something about this. The older our felines get the harder this becomes. Almost all if our cats we have had cremated. The last of our group of 13 indoor only, we had to euthanize just 2 weeks ago today, she was 21.

Of our many over the decades, only 3 have just died in our home. The others were, as you mention, watched and taken care of until their quality of life went downhill. Knowing exactly the right time is a heart wrenching time, and the decisions never came easy.

One of our 13, that was almost a part of my skin, every year he was with us. He was mine and I was his. He was 17 and died in another room, but not more than 6' from me. Finding him tore my heart out. He had never been sick and whatever it was killed him very quickly. His urn has been sitting right next to me, on a table, since he died.That was at the end of December.

Thank you for putting up your comments about their quality of life comes first.  =^..^=

hckynut  🇺🇸

I  really am sad for you.  I hate when the time oomes for my little one.  She is my constant companion.

Most of mine are buried in the yard with gravestones, but my one cat's ashes in the house.  When my dog goes, if before me, I hope, even though it will hurt so much, her ashes will be in the house and I have a special heart necklace that open and some of the ashes will go in there, so she will still go all over with me, like she does now.  She is 14.

I am so sorry for your losses.

Honored Contributor

first thought, my son.

second thought, I have to laugh at and not mention on here

other than that, nothing special worth mentioning.  LOL

Respected Contributor

I began the process of what you did but backed out.  I wanted to be a doctor but chickened out.  The college insisted that I take WAY out vaccines.  I walked away.

However, I did accomplish other things about the others in my classes that I went though.  I was chosed above the other for things but I did NOT rise to my full potential.  What a waste. !  ug!

I consider living to be my age the most miraculous thing after what I've been through.  Still consider it small change though.

Hey, kudos to you!!!!!  XXOO  I'm proud of you!