Honored Contributor

Re: What ACHIEVEMENT are you most proud of?

It hasn't happened yet ..... still working on it.

Esteemed Contributor

@gloriajean wrote:

I would say being married for almost 58 years and two daughters who love us very much and are great in their careers, and that I had a long running thread here called Daily Positive Thread which ran for nine years, and it still goes on email over 20 years. I never thought it would last, but it is, and I have over 100 members for it.  I give the credit to God though, not me.

@gloriajean 

Haven't seen you here for quite awhile now. Good to see this post from you. I remember your thread that you mentioned, and it was here for a very long time.

Hope you have been well,

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I'm most proud of my mother's achievement of raising us kids through the tough times to get us where we are today. Coming here from a foreign country and getting to where she got to be was an amazing achievement in itself. I should be grateful to be able to do half of what she did.

Super Contributor

Of course having five children grow up healthy and mostly happy, but I was blessed in many ways throughout their lives.  

The biggest one to me was getting my BSN from the University of Michigan!  At the age of 49!  Hardest thing I've ever done and graduated with high honors.  I even went on and got a masters degree after that but I still say that my bachelor's degree was by far, the hardest and greatest thing.

Honored Contributor

My greatest achievement personally was training and receiving my 2nd Degree Black Belt in my 50's, training with other Black Belts and teaching those adults and children that came into the studio as new students.  I actually started in College but it took years (a marriage and two sons) before we had enough money to train for real.  I loved it, still love it and even tho my ability to do the fancy stuff is over, go for my handbag and I'll put you on the floor.... LOL! 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

Hello John,

Nice to see you and yes, I know I haven't been here for a long time.

I thought this forum was leaving!  Maybe it isn't, I don't know.

I'm well, had a fall in Feb. cracked a couple ribs, and now my pelvic joint is bothering me, but going to the chiropractor once every two weeks helps.

I was out of commission for awhile, still not fully, but better.  Those falls are terrible!  Still ice skating?  I never could do that, roller skating I did well.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm most proud of my mother's achievement of raising us kids through the tough times to get us where we are today. Coming here from a foreign country and getting to where she got to be was an amazing achievement in itself. I should be grateful to be able to do half of what she did.

@SilleeMee 

Copy your exact words and that would be my single mom raising 4 of us on her lonesome.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

I financed my entire college education myself -- no loans -- while working full-time. If I had the money, I took classes. For those semesters/years where my budget couldn't stretch I didn't take classes. I had a few employers who would pay for a class or two if I could show how it related to my job or field.

Finished my bachelors degree at age 29, my masters degree at age 39, and my doctorate at age 59.

Honored Contributor

Owning a business with my husband for 40+ years.  We opened the business before we married and have run it successfully our entire married life.

It has always been just the two of us but on occasion we had to hire someone for a day here and there to help us get caught up.

We have endured the ups and downs in the economy and managed to keep the business open.

Husband is now in his 80's and still goes into the business everyday. If we had a disagreement at home..it sometimes carried over to the office but we managed to survive.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden 

"Sadly, I personally can not think of one thing I am proud of... I did get through some very difficult  times growing up...but I would not call those achievements. My life has been pretty unimportant and really I have contributed very little to the world.

I am not saying that I do not appreciate life and give thanks for all I have everyday...just. Do not feel I have accomplished very much to be proud of.

just being honest..sorry if it seems depressing."

Getting through some difficult times in your life is an accomplishment.  Not all accomplishments are finding a cure for cancer.  If you are able to get to a certain age in life in this crazy world that in itself is an accomplishment.