Valued Contributor

Re: What ACHIEVEMENT are you most proud of?

@Malcontent your post is hysterical!😂
Frequent Contributor

Graduating from college at 21 with a B.S. in Biology. I was so young in 1978. First female in my family to graduate from college.
Valued Contributor

I’m proud of all you achievers on this thread. It gives great insight into the people that you are.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoyed reading of all of your achievements.

Sadly, I personally can not think of one thing I am proud of... I did get through some very difficult  times growing up...but I would not call those achievements. My life has been pretty unimportant and really I have contributed very little to the world.

I am not saying that I do not appreciate life and give thanks for all I have everyday...just. Do not feel I have accomplished very much to be proud of.

just being honest..sorry if it seems depressing.

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden Please don’t think that way. If you have made it through some very difficult times growing up, then you have certainly achieved a lot!🌹
Esteemed Contributor

@mamaslittlepotato wrote:
@SeaMaidenPlease don’t think that way. If you have made it through some very difficult times growing up, then you have certainly achieved a lot!🌹

@mamaslittlepotato 

And to that I add my 100% agree!

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

@Flatbush 

Not wringing my husband’s neck after 50 plus years of marriage.

He is such a pain in the you-know-what and I’m perfect.

I’m gonna keep him only because no one else wants him.

That and he gave me four great children. They look like me.

@Malcontent   Not sure if this statement is tongue in cheek or serious.

I can say after 52 yrs. with same guy I met in college, there have have been some iffy times...who hasn't had rough spots in a long marriage? 

The good times far out way the ones that weren't. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Flatbush     I would have to say, being married for 53 yrs. this year!   We have had our differences of course and nothing is perfect.....we have very different personalities but we still have love and good will for each other.  Either that or we are just too tired to fight anymore!  Ha!  

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I enjoyed reading of all of your achievements.

Sadly, I personally can not think of one thing I am proud of... I did get through some very difficult  times growing up...but I would not call those achievements. My life has been pretty unimportant and really I have contributed very little to the world.

I am not saying that I do not appreciate life and give thanks for all I have everyday...just. Do not feel I have accomplished very much to be proud 

just being honest..sorry if it seems depressing.

You are not being honest with yourself. Please, just getting through whatever difficulties you may have had or  are having is an achievement.  It doesn't have to be Awards or degrees,  just getting through difficulties.  You are one of a kind and that is an achievement. You are unique.

Esteemed Contributor

I would say being married for almost 58 years and two daughters who love us very much and are great in their careers, and that I had a long running thread here called Daily Positive Thread which ran for nine years, and it still goes on email over 20 years. I never thought it would last, but it is, and I have over 100 members for it.  I give the credit to God though, not me.