Respected Contributor

Re: Went to Kohl's This Evenng

@deeva 

Oh yes, I miss Carson, Pirie, Scott too!  I loved that store.

I used to shop at JC Penney frequently.  But some years ago I had a bad experience with them with a furniture purchase.  😤. And then they changed with a new CEO.  They are still open I think, but the mall they are located in is not very nice now and I do not feel safe there so no more Penney's for me.  😢

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop @Don't stop going. Check back. Their fall orders are probably delayed. 

Honored Contributor

I only order frm them online. It's a shame that their retail stores are having any trouble. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't why anyone would think that JCP is interested in buying Kohls. JCP now that's funny.
Trusted Contributor

Simon Property Group, and Brookfield Asset Management, owners of JC Penney, bid $8.6 billion to buy Kohls.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

@paixmcdao 

Is this in place of the car park spaces where they bring the orders out to you?  Thanks!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@paixmcdao 

Is this in place of the car park spaces where they bring the orders out to you?  Thanks!  

I can't say for certain, but it was the only option given to me for a pick-up. I also received $5.00 in Kohls Cash.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Valued Contributor

@paixmcdao wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@paixmcdao 

I can't say for certain, but it was the only option given to me for a pick-up. I also received $5.00 in Kohls Cash.

Your Kohl's might be short staffed and doesn't have enough employees to do curb-side pick-up right now. 

Some of my orders are self-pickup and some you still can do curb-side and some you can still pickup at customer service. I have noticed that if it's self-pickup it will be in one of the back areas of store so you have to walk through quite a few depts to get to it (trying to entice you to buy something on your way out of store).

Honored Contributor

You're right, @BunSnoop, it's changed a lot.

I haven't been in a Kohl's in ages, until a couple of months ago.  We have two that are equal distance from our house, so we chose one and went to find new clothes for DH to wear to our daughter's wedding next month.  I also wanted to shop at the jewelry counter for a necklace for our teenage granddaughter.  I was so surprised when. saw that the new Sephora area is right where the jewelry center used to be.  One of the employees told me that Kohl's has eliminated the fine jewelry departments in most of their store and the only one in our region is another 30 minutes away, a full hour from our house. I've never bought too much fine jewelry from Kohl's anyway, but it was still a surprise.  DH was able to find an outfit and one of the colors in his necktie matches my dress to a T.  We ended up taking a drive to the farther away Kohl's and I did find a lovely heart necklace in the long run.  

Super Contributor

@Trailrun23, you’re gonna make me cry! How I miss Mervyn’s. The last time my late brother visited me for the holidays, we went to Mervyn’s on what must have been close to the last day of business. It was so very, very sad, having shopped there since the 70’s. There was virtually nothing left. I got a Christmas stocking with the little dog mascot on it…..makes me sad all over again when I run across it in my Xmas things. I think of all the long-time employees who lost their jobs.

Kohl’s moved into that Mervyn’s space, and they are already gone, shut down. Think K-Mart and Sears, that is probably how Kohl’s will end up. J.C. Penney, another store I have always liked, has been teetering on the edge for years, so I would be surprised if they could rescue Kohl’s. The only reason I didn’t shop at Kohl’s more often is because my shopping needs have changed since I have gotten old and no longer have a child at home.

Didn’t Kohl’s start in the Chicago area? Maybe that’s why they are stronger there than in California.