Respected Contributor

Re: Went to Kohl's This Evenng

[ Edited ]

Oh dear, another thread bashing Kohls.  The clothing is cheap, looks like KMart, etc.

I guess many here would think poorly of me as I am a regular shopper at Kohl's.

I love my Kohl's.  The store was recently remodeled and has a Sephora now.  They still have a good stock of clothing and shoes and home goods.  I got my Cuisinart coffee machine there and some very nice Ninja pans and grill.  Better price than QVC.

They carry several clothing lines that I really like.  Under Armour and Champion and Tek Gear exercise wear.  I like the Lauren Conrad and Vera Wang lines.  One of my favorites lines is gone now.  The Ralph Lauren Chaps line.  I will miss his line as I always found items I loved. 

I love their towels.  Have many sets that launder and wear very well.    

And I buy all my walking shoes there.  I love the Under Armour shoes.  My favorite pair of winter shoes was purchased at Kohls too.  I get a compliment on them every time I wear them.

My Kohl's always seems to be busy and I hope they stay around for a long time!🤞

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Kohl's is the only decent store around me.  So far, it's been really good.  I always get pretty good coupons and find some good sales.  I haven't been there in a couple weeks and I am wondering what changes have been made since I haven't been there?  This self-serve stuff -- I don't know if I am happy about that as it would seem from the pictures that it takes away space for merchandise to be displayed.  Is everyone in so much of a hurry that they can't wait for a few minutes to check out?  Or is it because they can't find people to work at the stores, or what?  I know I won't use this self serve thing there.  Everything is becoming more and more impersonal - it's sad.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Kohl's is the only decent store around me.  So far, it's been really good.  I always get pretty good coupons and find some good sales.  I haven't been there in a couple weeks and I am wondering what changes have been made since I haven't been there?  This self-serve stuff -- I don't know if I am happy about that as it would seem from the pictures that it takes away space for merchandise to be displayed.  Is everyone in so much of a hurry that they can't wait for a few minutes to check out?  Or is it because they can't find people to work at the stores, or what?  I know I won't use this self serve thing there.  Everything is becoming more and more impersonal - it's sad.  

The Self Service area is for orders that were placed online for in-store pick-up.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Respected Contributor

Maybe they had to go to self service because of a worker shortage???

If I order online from Kohl's, I have it sent to my home.  I have never picked up orders at the store.

Respected Contributor

I went to the nearest Kohls to return an online order and do some other things nearby.  I was only there a few minutes because husband was waiting in the car.  It looked well stocked and I saw things just passing by them that looked nice.  The makeup area was bare.  If I had the time I would have enjoyed looking around.  It is about 40 minutes by interstate from where I live so not going there to just look. There is very little shopping where I live so most is done online but it would be nice to have stores around so I did not have so many returns.     

Respected Contributor

@MoJoV I am about 200 miles from the windy city and my local khols still have plenty of merchandice.i do miss the jewelry tho.for some reason they eliminated that department but now added  a sophoria.and yes,I found many items at kmart.to bad they closed all Kmart stores

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@4kitties, I also have always loved Kohls in the past.  Especially as you had mentioned love their towels - bath and kitchen.

I started the post only because the store I always go to is so much different than it had been in the past and I'm just so sad to see the changes.  I hope that maybe this is just a difficult time for them and that things will improve and they will again be the store that they were.

Respected Contributor

@BunSnoop 

I hope so too!  Just because my store seems okay right now, I hope it does not start to become like the other stores mentioned here.  

And if and when Kohl's are sold, I hope they do not change.

Respected Contributor

I've only been in Kohl's a few times. really don't shop there.  If I'm in the area, I always glance to see their parking lot and usually there are very few cars.  The Kohl's on the other side of town closed.  I'm surprised to read from a different poster that JCP is interested in buying them.  My JCP has looked liked it's going to close well before Covid.  It's just like how you described Kohl's.  Empty shelves, very little products anywhere, can't find a cashier or even an employee just walking around.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our Kohl's stores are well stocked. On the other hand, our Penney's is in total disarray. 

The department stores I miss are Marshall Field's and in the Chicago area, Carson Pirie Scott. (known as  Herberger's in Minnesota).