Super Contributor

Re: Went to Kohl's This Evenng

[ Edited ]

Our Kohl's are fully stocked and so many good deals. The departments have been rearranged but that happens periodically in retail. It's a refresh. I don't mind the self pick up but I usually have orders shipped to my house. Shipping is fast!

I love my Kohl's too!

Honored Contributor

I haven't been in our Kohls in months but they sent me 30% off and it was "tax free days" last week (we pay tax on clothing).

I scoured the racks (which were many of clearance) and came home with nothing.

They do look like they are downsizing the merchandise -- our Kohls  is always neat, clean and a nice store to shop.  I hope they aren't closing as this is the only store close our mall closed years ago☹️

Honored Contributor

@Trailrun23 I miss Mervyn's. My now 51 year old son went to work there out of high school until he found his lifelong career at 21.

I shopped there religiously and bought lots of nice things for my grandgirls. Bought lots of excellent quality bedding and towels as well and clothes for myself and my DH.

Sigh. I miss that place.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered some pajamas for pick up from Kohls this morning...St Louis suburb. I was not pleased to find the west entrances were all closed as of earlier this month. That meant I had to walk clear around to the front entrances and then back to the pickup area that is located right by the closed entrances. Didn't really look around as I walked thru the store. It was also annoying that my order was on the very top of the bank of pick up bins that were 6 shelves high.  At 5 ft 4inches I couldn't reach that high and had to get help.

Trusted Contributor

I miss Mervyn's too!  I used to buy a lot of kids' clothes there.  I still use a terry after-shower coverup and a fuzzy winter robe with reindeer on it! 😁

Honored Contributor

Was there last week to get DH some summer clearance items. Milwaukee Brewer t-shirt, denim shorts, walking shorts and a pack of crew socks all for $55. Clerk said we saved $71 off the full price.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MoJoV - My experience with Kohl's is the same as yours.  I have two different stores I can go to and they're both well-stocked and clean.  I've seldom ever had a problem with any clothing I've bought there and, if I have, they have an excellent return policy.

I also agree about KMart - I used to get a lot of nice tops there and also jeans.  I loved to wander around stores like that with all different departments (household, clothing, hardware, etc.).  Sadly, ours closed long ago and there's really nothing else like it now.

I don't know why some people seem to look down on stores like that (or Walmart, another favorite "target").  Not everyone shops at Neiman-Marcus or Macy's.  (I can afford to, but don't.)

Honored Contributor

I miss Melvyn's too! Remember the commercial with the lady pressed up to the doors saying "Open, Open, Open?"

I bought clothes there for my first job after college. 

Honored Contributor

Yup, Kohl's to me has always been a glorified K-Mart. Never have been a fan. Finally others are seeing what I've known.

"Pure Michigan"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kohls in my city are always well stocked and busy.

Kohl's is building a brand new stand-alone store and plans to close the old one near it. I happened to drive by it the other day and it looks like a beautiful building.