Honored Contributor

We used to have a FAB TJMaxx here close to me, holy shopping trip Batman, I used to go there ALL the time, dressed myself for work garb ALL the time! It was great, HUGE, TONS and TONS of great things.

Now it's joined with Home Goods, I hate it now. The one i shopped at isn't even there anymore, moved it and joined up with HG. I don't even go there anymore. BUMMER!

Valued Contributor

Congrats on your great buys! I read recently in one of the retail newsletters that the big stores -- like Nordstrom's, Macy's, Target, etc.etc. have overbought their soft goods, and much of it will go to discount places. TJ Maxx and Marshall's and Tuesday Morning were particularly cited as the beneficiaries of the goods. As will we shoppers.

Esteemed Contributor

I love to read stories of great finds bargain shopping.  

Alas, being retired for so many years, I have enough sweaters for a village.  Last year I bought three Fair Isle sweaters, which have obviously come back i to style.  I always loved that style and struggle not to buy more.  While I do love the many sweaters I have, this style is my “go to” for now.  I guess I am am typical “New England sweater lover.”

Esteemed Contributor

There are times I wish I could wear sweaters but it just doesn't get cold enough in Arizona (maybe for a few hours in the morning and again at night) to wear them much. I would only get a few days a year out of them or I would have to change into something cooler by 10:00.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@chrystaltree   My store is close by, yes there are others in town but I stick to what's close to me. This store is huge, all sorts of stuff there, and the stuff is always really good!

The opposite for me.  The two closest to me rarely have any quality merchandise.  My friends and I would go into Boston to shop at the big GOOD Marshall's that was near Newbury St.  But that was a year or two before Covid.  I don't know if that one is still open.  

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD    I had my purse stolen years ago -  late 60's.  I had gone for for groceries after dark on a Friday night.  In those years I was still paying in cash but the thief didn't know that and accosted me as I put things into my trunk.  Very little monetary loss, but the paperwork and the subsequent fear were both bad.   

All these years later, some of that fear is back -  first because I know the percentage of thieves around us has increased, but I also know my own alertness is less acute as I've aged. 

The only purse I take shopping has to be crossbody and zipped shut, but I know I never gave a thought to a used bag.

Trusted Contributor
All enjoy your purchases

I live in a small town. Only TJMAXX and Beall's outlet.
No Marshall's, no HG. Only those mentioned and Walmart and Belk. That's IT.
And we have more than towns around me. Us and small towns around me have to drive 1hr+ away to find more. Our Tjmaxx has some good beauty stuff & home things but shoes and clothes, not so much. Especially plus size. I'm xl-1x and just nothing much there. Jewelry and bags are nice. Of course this store is jam packed with ppl every day of the week. I've went on a Tues round lunch and lines were backed up to the middle of the store.
No thanks if I don't really need anything, just casual shopping.
But gosh there's this necklace there that I don't really need but really WANT and I'm trying to figure out how to give a hint to family members that I want it lol. When i go back in there and it's gone my feelings will be hurt lol.

I have so much jewelry it's just my lustful eyes.
Big chunky green and turquoise shade semi precious stones ooh la la
Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT   Me too - tons to clothe a village!!! And yet I buy more, but I purge through too for giveaways.  I didn't used to buy many sweaters, all my girlfriends always had/have great ones. 

Many years ago the Q used to have strictly all sweater shows with various vendors called "A Stitch in Time". They had all sorts of styels, colors, great prices too. I decided to start buying up sweaters, had a nice collection. Then straight from Florence Italy, they introduced us to Ms Gabriella T with the most stunning sweaters. I bought a few of her's too, still hve one or two that I still love and wear.

Esteemed Contributor

@Midmod, I hope you go back and get that piece of jewelry you have fallen in love with.  You can always call and ask them to hold it aside for you.  

It is said “The way to enjoy life is to love many things.”  Life is short, as I can attest.  Nothing wrong to treating yourself to a piece of jewelry you love.  You will have it and enjoy it forever.

Trusted Contributor
@PamfromCT

I probably won't.
No disrespect because I know your post was sincerely meant but for me the way to enjoy life is to have what I need, to be thankful for every little thing and be a good steward of the money the Good Lord gives me. Sometimes it's good just to realize that I don't have to have everything I want.

But it means a lot to me to hear your positive post. So many are NOT.
I hope your week has many blessings coming your way ❤️