Honored Contributor

I was just watching  Americana's Got Tallent and a coral group's coach became so enthusiastic and emotional over their performance he went behind the Judge's Panel and pushed the " golden buzzer" causing confetti to fall and they go straight through the finals.

Although,  all groups care right, this isn't acceptale!

Honored Contributor

Re: Well........

[ Edited ]

I don't watch this program, but I'm sure that won't count.  If it did, everyone could just push the golden buzzer him or herself.

It's like the trailer I saw where one contestant did some kind of backward move and fell on the buzzer.  They must have rules for situations like that.  (For instance, "it doesn't count unless the golden buzzer is pressed by a judge.")

Honored Contributor

Bizarre...did it count? 

Honored Contributor

I personally am not a fan of choral groups. The man's behavior was way out of line, no matter how enthusiastic he was.

Esteemed Contributor

Are you talking about the episode of "AGT" where the HOST is overcome with emotion for the choral group, that he, the HOST goes over and presses the Golden Buzzer?

If so, for the past couple of seasons, the HOST of "AGT" DOES get to pick one talent to put in to the Live rounds, just like each judge gets to pick one talent to push the Golden Buzzer for.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Bizarre...did it count? 

@phoenixbrd I don't know.  I doubt it would count.  With all the festivities going on THAT would have been a real mood changer.

Honored Contributor

See the source image

Honored Contributor

That's Terry Crews the emcee, not the coach of the choral group from Detroit.   He can hit the Golden Buzzer.

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch but the pictures show the host pushing the button, not anyone from the choral group.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I was just watching  Americana's Got Tallent and a coral group's coach became so enthusiastic and emotional over their performance he went behind the Judge's Panel and pushed the " golden buzzer" causing confetti to fall and they go straight through the finals.

Although,  all groups care right, this isn't acceptale!

@ECBG   As others have said, that wasn't the choral group's coach.  It was Terry Crew's, the host of the show.  They would never have allowed a participant in the show to push the golden buzzer.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau