Esteemed Contributor

This morning my ex-SIL picked up my 3 grands from my DD apt. They went around back to the playground when a woman appeared and started filming him and the 3 kids with her phone.

He called my DD to come outside ASAP as something was weird with this woman. She proceeds to ask why SIL has her children. My DD appears and starts asking the woman some questions and starts walking her away from the kids.

She told this woman (who keeps asking why they have her kids) and is going to call her husband to come and get the kids that she (DD) will call the police to help her figure it out.

So, DD calls the police (not telling them she is an ADA) so as not to alert this woman and explains the situation. The police show up and the woman takes off.

The police now recognize my DD as she was giving a great description. DD called her office to have them run a check on her name and also the police are doing a background check to see if her name pops up. They feel that she is in a downward spiral and she might try and grab a child today. So, there is an APB out and two officers assigned to try and find this woman.

Poor DD called me crying and scared. She told her ex-husband to take the kids and leave the area. However, because of my DD job, she's afraid this person might know that she lives right there and what her kids look like now.

So scary - Riley1

Honored Contributor

I might be missing a step, is there any relationship between the woman, your DD and your Grandkids, or is she just a random woman

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Hats off to your DD on how she handled the situation.  Best to get the kids out of there for the day.  I'm sure it was very scary for all involved.  Hopefully the police find the woman soon, she needs help.

Honored Contributor

@riley1, scary story, keep your Grands safe!

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox - she was a random woman - however, she did give her name to my daughter so I hope they check her out

Respected Contributor

Wow, that is definitely scary. I would not take my eyes off those three kids until this woman is caught. I would't be able to sleep at night knowing she is out there. I pray you all remain safe and this creep is found ASAP.

Respected Contributor

Better safe than sorry .. keep an eye out .. the one thing you always

hear people say on TV is ...." I never thought it would happen to me "

Yikes ... that is scary .....

Honored Contributor

On the surface it sounds like the woman has problems and needs help, and your daughter really reacted so perfectly in such an unexpected situation. You can relay to her that I learned much from her handling of this situation, and as the daughter of a LE father, I know he would tell her she did a phenomenal job of diffusing a situation, and getting as much information and response as possible in such a safe way.

I understand your daughters strife right now. She will need to be very careful for quite some time, because whether this is indeed just a woman needing mental help, or something more directed at your daughter (or kids or ex husband), things will be very uncertain for her. 

Do what you can to support her and help keep her and the kids feeling safe. And I'm sure you or I don't need to tell her, to keep on this and try to find this woman, for everyone's sake. 

Esteemed Contributor

@riley1  Fortunately, your daughter is in an apartment. It's a lot easier to relocate from an apartment, rather than if a homeowner. For once, she's fortunate to be a renter. However, her former husband notified her immediately of the suspecious woman. (What a great, quick-think guy!) She handled the situation perfectly. Sounds like they are raising their children as a team. You should be proud of both of them for working together. With her excellent description of the woman, I'm hopeful she will be found quickly and receives whatever help is needed. Thanks for sharing such a scary, but true story. Please keep us up-dated on your family. I care.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I just have to ask...what is DD?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.