Esteemed Contributor

Re: Well i just took one of Tara McConnells so-called oven safe to 500 degree's casserole dishes out

@Lila4Now wrote:

I have read too many horror stories from people who have used Temptations to ever consider using them.  I have some of the old Corningware I've used for years.  It's still going strong.  I love my 9 x 13 piece I've used forever.  I also don't care for the busy patterns on Temptations.

I'm with you.  Even if nothing ever happened, I would never feel confident using them.  I have a lot of stress in my life, and the last thing I need is to add an additional worry over a casserole dish.  There's just too much potential for a big mess and injury.  Like you, I've heard about issues from too many people for me to ignore.

My good ol' Corningware has been perfectly fine for many years.  I've never had a problem with any of my pieces ever.  (And I agree - I'm also not a fan of the busy patterns.)  Temptations does not tempt me in the slightest!  :-)

Trusted Contributor

Re: Well i just took one of Tara McConnells so-called oven safe to 500 degree's casserole dishes out

@NYC Susan  I have even picked up a couple pieces of the original Pyroceram at garage sales.  What I like about the plain white ones are they can be used with any style of dishes, or linens, that are on the table.  I like boring whiteware for serving pieces.  They just makes sense to me.  I only have room for so many items, and I prefer to have dishes that don't clash with other dishes and linens.

Valued Contributor

I had a Polish Pottery piece develop a crack and have only used Pyrex, cast iron and stainless steel since then for baking anything. All Clad and my cast iron are fantastic. 

Esteemed Contributor

I got my Corningware and Pyrex as a shower gift 41 years ago and it still looks like new......

I know some of my  friends had Temptaions and love the stuff...but I stick with what has worked for me all these years

Honored Contributor

I still don't understand why people continue to buy this brand when there are so many horror stories. Why does QVC continue to sell it and why is it even allowed on the market? When someone is seriously injured, they will be forced to rethink their marketing of this product line.
Honored Contributor

I also prefer the old Corning pyroceram pieces. I have found several pieces in thrift stores and have grabbed them....the French White line I never cared for . I prefer the quality no longer sold in the new pieces.
Valued Contributor

My pyroceram CorningWare are the best vessels I have for heating in the microwave.  Just stick the heavy glass lid they come with on top and no mess from splatter and everything heats evenly.   Plus they are so versatile can be used on the stovetop burner and in the oven/toaster oven.