Esteemed Contributor

Re: Well, I knew this would happen after the "purge"

I was recently on Jury Duty and the only ones dressed up were the attorneys. 

I wore dress slacks with a matching sweater.

Last time I was on Jury Duty, I wore suits from my job. I can't believe how people dress now a days for things.

Honored Contributor

If i was in this situation I would wear nice jeans and nice top and be done with it Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

I served on Federal Grand jury duty last June.I wore pants & a tee shirt.No issues.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@drizzellla 

I sat on 9 jury panels and listened to many witnesses. Never once even knew or cared what they were wearing,  regardless of their age or gender. My interest on those panels was to listen to how they answered questions and their physical expressions while doing so.

Maybe this is a gender thing. I too have been on the witness stand, and 3 different times. My only concern was that I completely understood all the questions and answered them as best as I could remember involving my being there.

hckynut

@hckynut Did you go in jersey, helmet and with stick?  Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Relax.   You are only on the jury, you aren't one of the attorneys.  Pants and top will be fine.  You can't wear jeans or shorts for jury duty here but that's the extent of the dress code.   

@chrystaltree  Go back and re-read the OP again. She is not on the jury, she is being called as a witness before a grand jury.  So she will likely be sitting in front of everyone with all attention on her when it’s her turn to testify.   Very different from being one of a group of jurors. 

(The only reason I addressed this to you is that yours was the 3rd or 4th post that referenced OP being on the jury.)

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

When I retired i got rid of every skirt and dress I owned.  These days my go to outfit for everything and anything (weddings, funerals and most any function) is a pair of black pants (not jeans) and a nice top and this time of the year it could be a sweater - and flats.