Honored Contributor

Re: Welcoming Spring in the April 2019 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

Good morning Woman Happy  I wouldn't say it was warm yesterday however it was sunny all day and the critters in my yard had a field day.  More birds visited, the squirrels played tag (lol) and Gerry hung out alot.  

Starlings are coming by and I'd swear I saw a grackle.  

I don't know if you remember me posting a picture of this pale colored sparrow last summer/fall.  I haven't seen the bird since around Sept./October and I wonder if it survived.

IMG_1806 (400x300).jpg

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

The Scottie in the wagon is adorable. Also the Scottie snoozing with another critter could be very natural. Scotties just amaze me - so very gentle yet so very commanding. You would not think so as they sure ride close to the ground.

Chilly this morning - really thought we would get rain yesterday as the air was so damp. Now the experts say we will have some rain today. We shall see.

HOpe all have a great day.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Winifred 

Hi Winifred and Friends.   It was cloudy and chilly here all day,  but no rain.   We had that yesterday so they postponed the Cardinal baseball opener till today.   They lost,  to the Padres. 

The birds haven't let up on emptying the feeders every few hours.   The only ones they can't empty are the nut feeders.  Small gauge wire prevents them taking the peanuts and walnuts out as fast as they can.   They have to work a bit to get their pieces of peanuts or other nuts.   My brother had a bag of walnut halves and forgot about them so he told me to feed them to the birds.   The birds are happy about that.  

If I was to get another dog,  doubtful at my age,  I'd really consider a Scottie.   I've always loved seeing them.   When we were kids one of my younger brother's friends had a white Scottie, named Laurie.  She was so cute and prissy.   A very sweet dog.   We had black Cocker spaniels when I was little then Irish setters and on down the list.  We had many many dogs and cats plus all kinds of other pets from snakes, to possums, to an alligator(very small), fish, squirrels, Butch the raccoon, horses and all manner of farm pets and exotic birds including peacocks and pheasants.  Love my critters and Nature!!  

Hope you get some nice weather and have a restful lovely weekend. Heart

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Simple things in Life