Honored Contributor

Re: Welcoming Spring in the April 2019 Bird's Nest

beautiful ........ by carol.hasky

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Hi birders,,,,,  sorry for not posting sooner.  Have been sick again with my Crohns and running back and forth for doctor appointments.  Still fighting the insurance company over getting my meds that are not on their lists.  Fingers crossed!!!

Winfred, I am sorry to hear that you need to go for treatments but it does sound like all will be good.  I will say a prayer for you.  Glad to hear that you got someone to mow your lawn.  Sounds like a nice man.

@Bird mama, the weather here has been so strange.  temps very low at night.....in the mid 30' s and during the day it can be in the 40's to 60.  Tonight the middle and upper part of the state are getting snow.  We live in the southern part of the state and are expecting rain again.  We are expecting rain for the next 4 or more days.  The bulbs here have come up but no flower buds.  Something this past winter hit a lot of the shrubs, mostly the Rhoddy family but others also.  They are saying it was the wind but over the years we have seen a lot more wind than we had this past winter,  We have to replace almost everything in our front and back flower beds.  You are so lucky to have red hair!  I think it is so pretty.

@possummink, how was your trip?  I hope that you had a great time! 

sorry to hear that your brother is not feeling well.  I'll bet that you are glad that you are there to help him out.  Thank you for posting such beautiful and cute pics.  I really enjoy seeing them.  The piggies are so cute!

@mousiegirl, I hope that you are not over doing it in your gardens!  My new thing is take it slow as it will still be there tomorrow.

I have been following a map showing where the hummers are and we put out the feeders today and within the hour we had the males here already.

I think it is a bit early but they are here and I feel so bad for them.  It was in the low 30's last night and the same tonight.  I sure do hope that they survive the cold temps. 

I am following the site here in NH showing returning Falcons to their protected nest and mama is sitting on 5 eggs.  Papa does come in and helps her. 

Waving hi to all the birders!!! 

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

🔆GemArt....

Honored Contributor

Little World of Beka: Life | Goodbye April, April 2016

Honored Contributor

No photo description available.

Edible cookies. 

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Happy First Day Of May.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The May Bird's Nest is up and running.  I'll copy over Possum's post.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/Beginnings-of-New-Life-at-the-Bird-s-Nest-May-2019/m-p/54...

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise