Honored Contributor

Re: Welcoming Spring in the April 2019 Bird's Nest

Image may contain: flower, plant, nature and outdoor

Honored Contributor

No photo description available.

Respected Contributor

Love the little Piggie Possum. I know what you mean about Scotties. Had seen them a lot and of course Fala was the BIG thing for a long time - Such cute pictures of he and President Roosevelt. When my beloved Bailey, the handsome Cocker Spaniel walked across the bridge - actually he ran - what a character. He appeared to feel just great but he had this growth and it kept getting bigger and he would not leave it alone - and so on, so the decision was not to put him through a lot of medical things - He was 15 plus and I said NO, he has earned the right for some peace and quiet. So I notified YAPs, our local animal rescue organization as I had gotten him from them. Immediately the Director said "We have just the dog for you - and so on. I said NO. So about a week later the calls started coming in - love those people and I said, OK, I will go and look at him. A Scottie? Played with him a spell and of course said YES, but I had to still wait about another week. Asked her if I still had to wait why did you bug me - her answer - We thought this dog was for you and did not want someone else to have him. Geesh. They are super good to care for..

Got plumb hot here today - tomorrow going to be worse and it showed a lot of clouds tomorrow - With 90 plus temp and dampness that will be miserable.

Another stressful day - so wish my two great grands, Davey and his sister Tessa, would get their acts together. So sad. Course the misery was at a distance but I wish I could not see them. LOL.

Hope all take care.

Honored Contributor

Maggie                                                                                                                                                                                 More

Winifred,  I am really glad you said yes to Conrad.Heart   He sounds like he was the perfect little companion for you and I really wish you still had him with you.   I hope Miss Blackie and Ditty are being good companions for you now. 

I know how it gets to you when the grands act up, act out, and get themselves into fixes that hurt them or others.   I guess all we can do is stand back and let them learn, hopefully,  the hard lessons in life.   I talk, talk, offer advice, listen and try whatever to help, but in the end,  it's on them,  the consequences of their decisions and actions.   I wish we could make it easier but in this day and age it seems almost impossible to grow up and not get some bad bruising along the way.   We get to help put them back together when they get hurt or need help.Smiley Sad  

It got up to 80 here today and sunny.  Right now there are thunderstorms in the area.   Saw lots of lightning east of here, guess over the Mississippi into Illinois.   Supposed to be a nice spring week.    Lots of plants blooming or about to.   The magnolias are in full bloom, some varieties, but not the big saucer Southern magnolia yet.  Our yellow magnolia is loaded with buds and should start blooming late this week.  

Keep cool with that sticky hot weather you have coming.  Be safe and take good care. Heart

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Robins know how to bathe.  I've had a single robin bathe so robustly it's emptied out the bird bath Woman Happy

Bernie,  Sometimes those robins get so waterlogged I don't know how they are able to take off with so much water on their feathers.   A few of the cats we used to have would sit near or under the birdbaths waiting for such happenings.   I never caught them catching a bird, but they knew it was a vulnerable time for the birds.   Amazing how animals can learn 'things' that help them survive in the wild.   Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Indy

Honored Contributor

Highlighted
Honored Contributor