Honored Contributor

Re: Welcoming Spring in the April 2019 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

Lily of the Valley. Smells so good.

Hi Birding Friends,    We do recycling too, but not specific things like electronics, hazardous materials, etc.   They do have spring collections at one of the junior colleges for the hazardous stuff, though..  Our trash company provides two containers, one for trash and the other for recyclables.   They also provide garden/yard pick up but that's an extra cost.  We don't recycle that as we don't rake the leaves but mulch them and the same with grass cuttings. 

Limbs and branches go to piles that provide shelter for the feathered ones and small critters.  One pile of limbs near the garage is like a bird condo.   It's always full of little birds, and the chattering from there is so cool to hear.    They get so excited when I come outside to put food out, but when I get near their "condo' the silence is deafening. Heart

I love the cloth reusable bags that Publix and Fresh Market had down in Florida and shipped dozens of them home for my daughter and for our use.   Not knowing when I'd get back down there I'd buy a new one or two and ship them home.   I use them for carrying things in the car and our church uses them for their monthly food drive.  They have a bunch of them donated by various businesses and they hand them out the week before the food drives.  I keep mine in the car and have extras in case I forget the ones that I'd just used.   Our grocery stores do collect the used plastic bags.  They have bins for us to put them in.   I do  use them for cleaning the cat box and lining wastebaskets too. 

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Good Morning, Hope You Have A Wonderful Wednesday

Honored Contributor

I found this picture today on FB of a robin with a different coloration.  I've never seen one with a white back and orange breast.   Kind of pretty bird.  Not sure where this was taken.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Wow @possummink   You don't see that every day.  I hope it survives out in the open like that.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Image may contain: bird

Honored Contributor

30+ Lovable Bunnies to Put You in the Easter Spirit

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: bird and outdoor

Honored Contributor

Have a lovely day everyone!..                                                                                                                                                                                 More