Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the Back Fence for January 2018

Thank you for the birthday wishes - much appreciated. Very calm BD this year - not feeling on top of the world and even so after so many years, it gets old. No pun intended.

Hope all are doing well.

Hope to head to church!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So I visited my niece 'in the woods' yesterday, lol.  Mapped another way to get there that was a little bit less hilly.  I left in the daylight and made it there in pretty good time.  Was a nice visit - I used my brights on the way home when I could tell no one was coming from the other direction.  I was on the lookout for deer. lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I awoke to some snow on the ground.  The morning commute started getting a little slippery mid way to work and then it was easy peasy.  I think we got about 3 inches.  The winter storm warning has expired so I think I should be all set now that I shoveled.

Honored Contributor

So this week starts the pilot program for working remotely 3 days a week.  I chose Mon and Thurs in the office so I worked from home today.  Hit the ground running at 6:45 am, made sure I took a lunch break and ended the day at 3:30 pm.  Was a busy and hectic day - it seems like all I did was participate on calls.  Sigh.

Respected Contributor

Good Morning one and all - hope you woke up to a day that is going to be good for you. We will have another 80 degree plus day - I know, so many of you are freezing. Just remember however, how hot and miserable we get for a long string of months.

Ricky did not sleep very long - he fell asleep super late and was up at 7 our time. Geesh. He needs more rest than that and he too is not on top of the world. But bless him, he is not a whiner when he feels bad, he just gets quiet and never complains much at all.

Have a great day!

Trusted Contributor

Gosh our internet went down this afternoon and still idnt very stable.  

Do do you think this working from home is going to work out, Bernie?  Knowing me I'd get my days mixed up.  

Freddie I wish your home could get healthy.  And, I wish you had time to rest.   I hope they find out what that is in your lungs.   It's hard enough to move to begin with let alone fighting to breathe.   Hope everyone else at the fence and In The nest can stay well.  

I have an oncology appt tomorrow I think.  I just realized I didn't get a reminder call.  Dr is  going to be moving feb 12 so his crew is probably busy packing up.  I'll try to call in the morning to make sure.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yock  Working from home works better for me than working in the office.  Today I went to the office - missed lunch and worked late.  Forgot the power cord to the laptop docking station at work - all workstations are empty and considered open for communal use.  I was a block away from my house when it hit me I didn't bring the cord home.

My choice was, drive all the way downtown or go to the local Office Max.  It cost me $63, but I have a universal laptop charging cord now, lol.