Honored Contributor

I'm interested in some recipes from Hungry Girl.  When I look at the web site it does list points to the recipes.  However, now there's a new count too, called "freestyle"  along with the regular points.  Not being in this now, I wonder what the other name refers to. It's another trademark point name.  Wonder if it's what you get if you are exercising.  It's not a name I've heard used before in reference to type of points in the calculation. 

Thanks.  

Honored Contributor

Freestyle is the currrent points plan

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Weight Watchers ladies

[ Edited ]

Weight Watchers changes the program approximately every 2 years. This time around it’s called Freestyle. It’s more focused on protein. Heaven help you if you want a cookie. That’s probably your points for the entire day. I dropped out of WW last year after many years because I got sick of paying all this money for little value. They tell you that you can eat anything but a simple cookie is way to many points.  I have kept my weight off and found portion control better and a lot cheaper. 

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty

Not really I am on the plan now and you can have everything in moderation, I have lost 18 lbs since the beginning of the year.

I go to meetings and need the accountability.

I find that the money I spend is worth every penny

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Freestyle has 200 free foods including chicken, turkey breast, beans and the like.  Because of this system you can have your cake and eat it too.

The concept is amazing. It is making people learn how to change their lifestyles.    There are many people out there  that need serious help and cannot find their way.

Anyone with a weight concern finally realizes that they have to live a certain way to not gain weight back.  Many of us our whole lifes said we would never pay anyone to help us lose weight.  So if you can do it by yourself - thank goodness.   If not Oprah has just changed the game plan.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hopi

Thing is I  can not do it myself, I need the hand holding and he guidence and direction I get at my meetings, Wed 10 -11  is MY TIME and no one will robe me of that time.

@hopi wrote:

Freestyle has 200 free foods including chicken, turkey breast, beans and the like.  Because of this system you can have your cake and eat it too.

The concept is amazing. It is making people learn how to change their lifestyles.    There are many people out there  that need serious help and cannot find their way.

Anyone with a weight concern finally realizes that they have to live a certain way to not gain weight back.  Many of us our whole lifes said we would never pay anyone to help us lose weight.  So if you can do it by yourself - thank goodness.   If not Oprah has just changed the game plan.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox

@qualitygal

Tuesday morning is MY time. I get up early (which I hate) but I have to do it. I'm down 14 pounds since the beginning of April. Not as quick as I'd like, but honestly, I'm seeing it more in my clothes than I am on the scale, which is fine with me.  The proof is in the mirror!

I'm really not minding the Freestyle, as I'm used to it already. I have most of the points I need in my head, although having the app on my phone is so cool! When I go grocery shopping, it's so much fun to "zap" the bar code to see how many points are in each food. It's easy peasy. So is going out to a chain restaurant like Ruby Tuesday. The app tells you the points in every food.

This whole plan is so easy, but I don't really veer away out of the usual foods and go into territory I'm not familiar with. I won't order a dish in a restaurant like fajitas or anything with sauce or gravy because I have no idea what's in it. The simpler, the better. And it's easy.

How is everyone else doing? Aside from the "scale victories," are there any "non-scale victories," like your jeans are getting looser, or you went down a size, or you said "no" to a piece of chocolate cake?" They all count!

Good luck everyone!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala

My knees are feeling good 33 lbs = 132 lbs of pressure on my knees

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@sunala

My knees are feeling good 33 lbs = 132 lbs of pressure on my knees

@I am still oxox- congratulations!!! Keep up the good work!!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala, at the mirror, I'm still not happy, but I do feel it in clothes.  I am losing when I do it right.  I do mine with paper at my side and on line.  I even put foods in and can find out what they are now, if not in the booklet.  

Found myself saying right out loud, THIS IS HOW I AM EATING NOW.  Like it was a real declaration!! Which in a way is a revelation. Again, we can't keep doing the same things we were and get the results we want. I think this is the  missing puzzle piece I have to grasp.  Face it we just like the way food tastes.

I once read the little meter in the body that says "full" gets out of wack after all the dieting over the years wears it out.

I'm so glad that todays women have a handle on this.