Honored Contributor

Re: Weight Watchers UPDATE 6/12/17

@Sweet_Serenity,  I think if you really work the program you will suceed.  Yes, I have moments where I cheated but I allowed myself to do so and not going overboard.  All vegetables and fruits are free (no points).  There are some exceptions as I like red beets that are pickled in the jar and they are 1 pt. per serving.  I was surprised when I got on the scale the other day as I did not weight myself for one week.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Just curious.  I would like to lose about five pounds.  Mostly around the middle, which I know really requires exercise.  I've been to WW before and had great success over a six month period (about ten years ago).  Does anyone here have any knowledge of a WW program for Diabetics?  This is a problem for me, and often the solutions in diet plans aren't really good for me.

Occasional Contributor

I joined WW in January.  I have lost 21 lbs.  I went on a 10 day cruise in March and only gained 2 lbs.  I did the program online previously but needed to go to meetings this time.  I lost 10 lbs. the first two months so I got two free months.  I was on steroids for arthritis plus an under active thyroid helped me put on weight.  I have not been given a goal weight yet.  I would like to lose another 15 lbs.  Some days I crave chocolate so I eat 3 Hershey kisses.  That usually takes care of the craving.  For the most part, I feel this is a great weight loss plan.  I am pretty active but I don't exercise and I still lost weight.  

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

Just curious.  I would like to lose about five pounds.  Mostly around the middle, which I know really requires exercise.  I've been to WW before and had great success over a six month period (about ten years ago).  Does anyone here have any knowledge of a WW program for Diabetics?  This is a problem for me, and often the solutions in diet plans aren't really good for me. 

Recommend you speak with your primary care physician.

Honored Contributor

Ladies, this is the origonal WW Hungry Day Cabbage Soup.

I ADDED THE LIPTON'S SOUP MIX which makes it 1FAT.  If you don't want to do that, spices are alright of course.

Eat for lunch, before a meal to fill you up, or in place of a meal.

When I was on WW in 1981, I was 200 lbs and had just had a baby.  I was back in my belt loops at 135 in 3 1/2 months.

At our strictest point, we got 2 fruits a day or 1/2 cup level measure.  Large pieces were 1 level cup.  With all the sugar in fruit, losses will be much slower, and that has been a problem recently.

Every measuring cup was dirty but I was happy!

I also used Dukes Diet mayo and skim milk to make my own ranch or Thousand Island salad dressing as well as reduced calorie bread.

I doubled up on steamed vegetables as long as they weren't yellow (except for squash) or white which will ID a starch.

Weight Watchers Cabbage Soup

1 64 oz. low sodium V-8 juice

Water to equal

2 TBS. worcheschire sauce

1 envelope Lipton’s Onion Soup mix

1 head of cabbage (only!) shredded (about 8 cups)

1 onion cubed

1 C chopped celery

1 C chopped fresh mushrooms

1 C frozen French beans

1 block frozen chopped spinach

!/2 C okra

Low sodium recipe cut tomatoes may be added.

A cup of chopped okra can be added.

I have also added a little garlic.

In large stew pot, combine all ingredients and simmer 30 minutes.

The liquid should be 2/3 of your bowl when served.  If not, add more liquids.

Honored Contributor

@Perkup,  The day that I joined there was a man that joined with Diabetes.  I believe they must accommodate his diet.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Hopefully, some of you will come back to read this.  I made a mistake.  It is 12 lbs. not 15 lbs. == sorry.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

STILL Great!!

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

It's been a month and I have lost 15 lbs. so this new program is working.  There is less sugar in your diet yet you feel full.  I have cheated a few times but not with pastry or ice cream.  I caved in for a coke and had one candy bar yesterday. (one candy bar in a month is good).  I actually did not grave it so I should have passed it up.   Back on track today.  I get weighed in again tomorrow.  It is so hot here in the 90's all week.  Yuk!  Cat Very HappyHeart  P.S.  If you are interested in joining give the program a chance.  For something sweet, I eat Outshine fruit frozen bars.

Congratulations Weight Watchers is the best,  I went years ago and lost 25lbs and kept it off for years.  I love the meetings and the weigh ins.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Hopefully, some of you will come back to read this.  I made a mistake.  It is 12 lbs. not 15 lbs. == sorry.  Cat Very Happy

You are still awesomeSmiley Happy