Honored Contributor

Weight Watchers UPDATE 6/12/17

It's been a month and I have lost 15 lbs. so this new program is working.  There is less sugar in your diet yet you feel full.  I have cheated a few times but not with pastry or ice cream.  I caved in for a coke and had one candy bar yesterday. (one candy bar in a month is good).  I actually did not grave it so I should have passed it up.   Back on track today.  I get weighed in again tomorrow.  It is so hot here in the 90's all week.  Yuk!  Cat Very HappyHeart  P.S.  If you are interested in joining give the program a chance.  For something sweet, I eat Outshine fruit frozen bars.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Weight Watchers UPDATE 6/12/17

[ Edited ]
Congratulations! Do agree with you. WW best program!! Teaching portion control and relationship with emotional eating. Sounds like your on course. Healthy steady as you enjoy the rest of your journey. Best thing that happened to me was not only loosing weight gaining understanding to my triggers. Keep in touch with the board your story will help many people. Thanks again!🙋
Honored Contributor

Congratulations!

@Katcat1

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used WW a very long time ago. WW was the only plan that worked for me, at the time.

Congrats with your weight loss!

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 Congratulations, I am so proud of you!

Awesome.gif

Respected Contributor

15 pounds in a month is great!  I lost an average of 1.5 to 2 pounds a week years ago on WW.  The only way it works for me is to go to the meetings and I hate having to go to the meetings.

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

15 pounds in a month is great!  I lost an average of 1.5 to 2 pounds a week years ago on WW.  The only way it works for me is to go to the meetings and I hate having to go to the meetings.

Is loosing 15 pounds in one month great?

Sure, but it isn't sustainable. At some point, the body plateaus, and the first weight loss is usally water weight.

Every doctor that I have ever had, has always said it's healthiest to loose 1 - 2 pounds a week.

In other words, slowly and graduly, so that the body has time to adjust.

But, keep up the good work! Thumbs up!

Respected Contributor

AWESOME SAUCE!!!!

love to hear that!

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1   What made you join?   Why now?  What was your motivation?

How much more do you want to lose?  Are you active?

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling,   I decided I wanted to lose some weight.  As far as being active I just walk with my walker.  After I had hip surgery, I am not the same.  I doubt if I will walk normally ever again.  Weight Watchers has offers every so often (check their website too) so you save some money.  To get a good deal you need to sign up for a month.  I don't weigh in weekly (sometimes I miss a week) but I weigh myself at home.  I will go tomorrow though to weigh in.  It is extremely hot where I live in the 90's all week.

kindness is strength