Respected Contributor

I wish I could do a survey on this board....

Question

Wedding Invitations-

The time noted on the invite, is it

A. the time you are expected to arrive

or 

B. the time the wedding is scheduled to start

Honored Contributor

B. Time for wedding to start, so be there early or you'll miss it.

Super Contributor

The time listed is the time the wedding will start.  Common courtesy is to arrive at least 15 minutes before that to be seated. ( if we are talking about the ceremony) 

Respected Contributor

What they said. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

@PurpleBunny@pegomyheart@Carmie

Thank you!

I thought things had changed!?!?!?

At dinner this become an interesting topic of conversation among the generations.

For many it is thought of a movie time, movie is to scheduled to start 5:00 which means plan to get there at 5:00 and after 35 mins of previews the movie starts.

Honored Contributor

It's the time the wedding will start.  So, get there early so that you have enough time to park your car and take your seat.  There's nothing tackier and more annoying than guests who arrive late and make commotion in the church and stomp all over people to get to a seat....just as the bride is about to come down the aisle.  

Respected Contributor

I cant even comprehend there is anyone that would compare the time of a wedding to the start of a movie..yikes, no  common sense at all.  

Frequent Contributor

B. start fime for wedding.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's the time the wedding will start.  So, get there early so that you have enough time to park your car and take your seat.  There's nothing tackier and more annoying than guests who arrive late and make commotion in the church and stomp all over people to get to a seat....just as the bride is about to come down the aisle.  

I would agree with you but I would also add that what is tacky and annoying are brides who are 30, 40, 1 hour+ later coming down that aisle.

Honored Contributor

The time on a wedding invite is the time to arrive? I never even heard of that! I am up to my eyeballs right now in my youngest getting married soon. I didn't think it would be confusing by putting the time of the wedding on the invite. 

"Pure Michigan"