Honored Contributor

Re: Wearing sweatshirts on Memorial Day weekend

I could be OP's neighbor.  Some of my neighbors lost their newly planted gardens due to late frost.  We are somewhat sheltered so ours is OK.  And yes, I'm wearing a sweatshirt, a Green Bay Packers real sweatshirt.

Honored Contributor

I find this thread rather funny. We ALWAYS are still wearing sweatshirts on Memorial Day! Absolutely nothing unusual about that. Woman Surprised

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

You dont live in the entire country..... Which spans multiple climate zones.  We had several unseasonably hot days in the 90s but today it's 68 and overcast.  It will be 60 tonight so, yup, sweatshirt weather.  Actually we almost always need a sweater or sweatshirt if we sit outside at night.  I prefer real sweatshirts, not tops that a just a sweatshirt style but offer no warmth.  I recently bought a pretty short sleeved melon colored sweatshirt from Old Navy.  I think it will look pretty with white jeans.

Gee, I thought the weather was the same everywhere. Not.

Esteemed Contributor

Calif. would pray for rain.

Valued Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

It's been raining in Chicago for 2 months. I feel like we live in Seattle (I'm drinking Starbucks to fit in)

I AM in Seattle and I sympathize with you. This isn't the coldest spring we've ever had but it's close. And this is the wettest month of May we've had since they started keeping records--well over 100 years.

The saying is that on 4th of July, someone throws a switch and we finally get summer.

The snow pack up in the Cascades is almost double what we usually get. I sure wish we could somehow get that to the firefighters battling those monster fires that are going on now.

Honored Contributor

We already broke records for the coldest June in history and it's only the 3rd.