Honored Contributor

Wearing sweatshirts on Memorial Day weekend

Our weather is so weird. It's been rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold for months. Here it is, Memorial Day weekend, and we're still wearing sweats and using a comforter on the bed. Today, it's just 45 degrees when it's supposed to be in the 80s. I hope we see the sun even one day this holiday weekend.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Wearing sweatshirts on Memorial Day weekend

Where do you live @CalminHeart ?

I remember going to family reunions in NE PA back in the 80's and early 90's on the 4th of July and wearing sweatshirts and having a fire in the fireplace in our family cabin. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

It's been raining in Chicago for 2 months. I feel like we live in Seattle (I'm drinking Starbucks to fit in)

Esteemed Contributor

I envy you. In Arizona it's been hot most of the month and will only get hotter. We won't be wearing sweatshirts or long pants until November. 

Esteemed Contributor

The northeast has been on the chilly side.  It is going to be beautiful though on Sunday and Monday (memorial day) in the 80's.  Looks like we are finally warming up here, a nice weather week to follow!   We have no plans for the long weekend but will enjoy cooking on the grill and reading out on the deck.  Hope everyone has a nice holidaySmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart I would be thrilled if it was 45 degrees and low humidity.i absolutely hate summer because of heat and humidity!I'm in Central ill,and our weather for the weekend is high 80,s and humidity to go along with it.....yuk!my air will probably be on til the end of october

Honored Contributor

Wearing cool/cold weather clothes is what we do here in WA state---seems like we have 2 seasons here--winter and July 5th!!   That is the day the warm weather turns on. It's been very wet and cool and windy here this spring. In fact more snow is coming in the higher mountains this weekend and ski season has been extended until the middle of June---stormy and in the 50's until Monday this weekend too. Staying home in my sweatshirt,   with the heater turned on.

Honored Contributor

I will be wearing a gown!  My dd is getting married this weekend and though it will be rainy with thunderstorms today, her day will be sunny, low 80s with low humidity!! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I live in GA and it's was raining for a couple of days but it's supposed to be over now.  It's been in the 80's & 90's for a while now.  On top of that, all the humidity.  Yuck!  My husband has been going in the pool since late April.  Our community pool opened early this year.  We won't be in long sleeve until November.

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I will be wearing a gown!  My dd is getting married this weekend and though it will be rainy with thunderstorms today, her day will be sunny, low 80s with low humidity!! Smiley Happy

@haddon9   Congratulations!  Enjoy the day and may the couple have a long, healthy, happy life together filled with love.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet