Valued Contributor

I send prayers 

Honored Contributor

Hoping and praying that today brings good news for John and his family and friends. All my best.

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry...

Thoughts, prayers and best wishes to John - his family and you.

Please keep us posted!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all so much. John made it out of surgery last night and he's holding his own. He's a physician, being cared for by his colleagues, so I assume he's getting good care. A friend who comes from the city where he practices told me the hospital he's in has state-of-the-art bells and whistles, so all that can be done is being done. John's wife is also a physician so I know he's in good hands. At this point, all we can do is pray for the best outcome.

Respected Contributor

My mother's best friend went through this! Prayers should not be looked at like "all you can do" but prayers are the very best thing to do! In this situation God is the best chance your dear friend has. I will offer my prayers, as well! 

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

Any update on how he is doing?

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

Re: We're in shock

[ Edited ]

I found out that John regained consciousness but can't speak yet. He's been moved to a rehab facility, where they expect him to make good progress. Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian, praying with you.  LM

Respected Contributor

I'm praying for him as well.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

I am so moved by John's situation. We've known him for decades. He advised my husband during his cancer ordeal. My daughter has kept up their friendship for a very long time. We have met with his wife and children and have enjoyed the many years of friendship. I pray that he will recover.