Honored Contributor

Re: We're all a little Irish in the March 2019 Bird's Nest

Yesterday it was so sunny and pretty looking outside.  Today it's bright, but cloudy.

My middle great niece is recovering from a kidney infection.  She's 7 and it took a trip to urgent care, the pediatrician and the ER to get to the bottom of what was causing a fever & throwing up.  Her pediatrician followed up with her yesterday and is pleased with her progress (it started earlier this week) and he wants an ultrasound of her left kidney just to double check everything.  I support that 100% and would have thought the ER would have done it considering the child was complaining of stomach and back (really flank) pain.  

Poor thing - 7 years old and she had to have an IV.  The infection started top down - by that I mean it didn't start as a UTI and move up.  

Tomorrow is the eldest great niece's 8th birthday.  6 months separate the eldest and middle niece birthday wise. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Hope your great niece continues to do better birdmama.The weather here is cloudy,snowed this morning.Have a good week-end all.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo  Thank you, she's getting better everyday.  

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama  I will be sending blessings and prayers of healing to your nieceHeart It is so hard when a child is sick.

Respected Contributor

Sounds like your little niece is recovering nicely. That is really great. My little 4 year old - almost 5 - great great grand recently had a kidney replacement and she is doing super well. She was born with several health problem - she only had one kidney and it started failing. They are so fortunate a donor was found in a very reasonable time . It is difficult for little ones to really hurt - hard to explain yet most are great fighters. Good for her.

Weather miserable here today - rain and it will continue for about another week. Enough! Take care everyone

Honored Contributor

Cat with Ribbon - Herend figurines, Herend porcelain animals

Bernie,  Just got here, and was sorry to read about your niece having a kidney infection.   Scary stuff especially when it a youngster like her.  I hope the ultrasound finds things are ok now and also that she recovers completely and quickly. Heart

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Winifred   Are you talking about Leah?  I never knew she was born with only one kidney.  Scary situation indeed.  I'm glad that were able to get her a transplant.  How's Ricky doing?

Respected Contributor

Not Leah but Rayleigh, she lives in Idaho. She was born with several serious health problems but she tackles them all. I guess she came through the kidney replacement like a trooper. Am so proud of her Mom who is another child of Shannon's. She has been an outstanding young parent with both her children - a young single parent.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred  Sometimes I forget about Shannon's other kids.  I'm so glad that little one was able to find a compatible kidney. It hurts to see little ones with health challenges like that.