Honored Contributor

Re: We're all a little Irish in the March 2019 Bird's Nest

Last night I discovered that I had a scr3w loose in the left arm of my up-close, computer glasses.  That hinge has some spring so if you don't hold it just right if the scr3w falls out as mine did it's nearly impossible to get it back in.

I spent nearly an hour on my knees (on carpeting) by the sofa side table, under a bright light trying to hold the glasses, finagle the magnifying glass and get that fiber optic scr3w back into the frame/arm.

I would say that I bonded with my creator last night because I avoided swearing by saying a litany of prayers.

If that wasn't bad enough, I used the main bathroom upstairs and the handle on the toilet broke. Woman Very Happy

This morning, I had my glasses professionally repaired where I bought them and the lab tech did it lickety split. 

I stopped in at the home depot and picked up a new kohler toilet handle assembly and replaced the broken one once I got home.

Some days, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Oh goodness Bernie - wish I had a camera and was visiting you when you were looking for that screw. Now the toilet handle breaking sounds like my house. Always something either disappearing, falling apart or just plain breaking.

Birds very quiet this morning.

Have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: flower, plant and text

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: plant

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor, nature and water

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

My cute little teddy bear. Very sleepy kitty cat.

Hi Birding Friends,   Rain and storms are a bit west of us now.  It's been cool and cloudy all day and you could almost 'smell' rain in the air.  

I finally got to my favorite grocery store here and picked up 3 large rounds of corned beef that I can cook on St. Patrick's Day.   Already have the carrots, cabbage(did pick up another small head today, good price), potatoes.   Also have all the ingredients for making Reuben's next week.  I love those sandwiches and just plain corned beef and butter sandwiches.  

Filled the feeders with some seed but not as full as usual as they rain will get the food all wet, not that they won't eat it, but I'd rather give them dry food in the morning.   Hoping the storms are not severe.   Wish severe weather would go away forever.  Hate wind and hail storms.  

Have a nice rest of your evening and be safe and warm. Heart