Respected Contributor

Re: We have so much stuff....

Yes you can!  I now only buy what I will use, wear, enjoy now.  For example.  Clothes--purged a lot and this winter I will do the final bit.  Now if I buy I am replacing not adding to.  If it doesn't fit it goes.  I also put a moratorium on beauty products, especially auto deliveries, I stopped them because I had to much.  Now I buy when I run out, only.  If I want to try something I order samples.  One thing you might want to think about is whether you are swayed by peer pressure.  In these forums there are people that share all of their purchases and wants.  It can be counter to purging to follow those threads.  You need to surround yourself with like-minded people for support.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

I don't you so I can only  say that if you want to do this, I hope you have success at it.  It wouldn't work for me unless I had financial reason for cutting back on my purchases.  Then I could do it..  Just stopping for sake of stopping wouldn't work for me.  I'm not that self disciplined.  

Honored Contributor

I spent the entire spring and summer cleaning and purging this house of unnecessary stuff. Threw away and /or donated a ton - but neverless we still have way too much! There are just two of us here and this house is nearly filled. I know my parents did not have anywhere near this much stuff when I was growing up. It's shameful. at least , as I sit here and look around, everything is nice and tidy and everything is put away, and the cupboards are not buldging.

Most of this access came from selling our camper and bringing home a lot of things from there.

Honored Contributor

Everyone should try, including myself!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nNv3JJ2Sn3s/T2tALeIHaUI/AAAAAAAAKoI/eL9629MWBTQ/s1600/good-luck-comment-015.gif

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1

you can do it believe me...once you see your "excess" stuff you donate,toss, etc.  you'll wonder why you bought it in the first place!

I remember the first time I saw Suze Orman on QVC her topic was cc debt.  She told the story about a women who cleaned out 1 closet ... told her to put all the stuff in LR -- it was shocking the stuff took up the whole room.  Hundreds of wasted dollars!

I was good for 6 months and honestly, I've bought only 2 home related items & now I'm not even tempted..scary but true🙃😲🙂