Super Contributor

Re: We get it.....Kersten looks good in all the bathing suits.

What we kow for sure...Kersten really loves Kersten.   I don't say that in amean spirited way--she simply has no lack of confidence or self esteem.  Yes--sometimes it gets old heaing a lot of ME..ME..ME.   But it must work for her as a selling technique because she has far more on air visibility than does Rachel Boesing and they started at roughly the same time.  I recall how wonderfully fit Judy Crowell was.  But she never actually put her body or fitness on a pedestal..it was a more subtle demonstration of having a fit and toned body.  Kersten is different..more in your face with yoga poses, showing lower belly with the ab belt, etc.   It's fine..she's happy..and if I don't like it I just change the channel.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was as fit and thin as Kerstin when I was her age, I think she's in her 40's...it required a lot of work...exercise, watching what I ate, and loads of discipline.  More importantly, I was at my most healthy and felt better in my 40's and 50's than in my 20's and 30's.  She said quite a few times she jogs everyday...I did too.  

I admire her for staying fit.  It is not easy.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclet wrote:

She looks adorable in all the swimsuits but I doubt a lot of us look like her.    

Obviously we are all built differently and we know that.  You sound very much like an envious person.

Honored Contributor

Yes Kersten looks wonderful but so do many other women.I don’t compare myself to anyone else ...I just do me and then I can feel comfortable with myself.I like the positive attitude of most men who just roll with whatever their attributes / flaws and feel comfortable with themselves.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Why the negative vibes about Kersten? She's fit, healthy and has made a lucritive niche for herself at QVC. It's a win-win combination! She seems like a knowledgeable, kind person and a prepared host. Please give her the credit she deserves. She is able to model a swimsuit very well, but her accomplishments are far greater than that! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

Yes Kersten looks wonderful but so do many other women.I don’t compare myself to anyone else ...I just do me and then I can feel comfortable with myself.I like the positive attitude of most men who just roll with whatever their attributes / flaws and feel comfortable with themselves.

I loved your post.     Your comment about men is so true.  Many times I see a woman comment on how she wishes she looked like or was built like another woman but I've never heard any man say he wishes he looked like another man.   

In that respect, we women could all take a page from a man's book.   Just be the best you can be.

Honored Contributor

She looks so good in the White Lace High-Neck Tankini that if I could wear it I would have bought it instantly. She sure sold me and that is what she is there to do.

Honored Contributor

Yes, Kersten is tall and thin, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. IMO Kersten has a body like the cartoon character Olive Oil. I think she is too thin for her height and is no longer attractive. No chest, no hips, no butt and this is by choice and under the guise of being fit. The hosts are all starving, I don't know how many times I have heard a host make a food reference and follow it up with, "I am so hungry". Sad.

Honored Contributor

Whether her shape is enviable or not, is not the point, IMO. It's the flaunting around that many of us find off-putting.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

She looks like she's wearing shorts and a tank top.  Doesn't really look like she's parading around in a swimsuit. 

I think she looks nice and I don't get the impression that she's trying to flaunt anything.

Screenshot_2019-05-24 Denim Co Beach Crisscross Tankini with Shorts — QVC com.png