Respected Contributor

Wayfair Furniture Black Friday .. I am so UPSET!

[ Edited ]

There was a sofa on the website Wayfair that I wanted very badly, but it was very expensive.  Since JULY, I would go to the website weekly and notice the price would change every week;  20% 25% 26% off, 30% off.

Since the price consistenly changed, I decided I'd wait until Black Friday.  Surely, the sofa would be affordable that day.

Last nite, I set my alarm, so I could wake up at midnite and check the price.

@ 12:05 AM, it was the same price, eventho' the home page said, "BLOWOUT SALE".

This morning, I checked my email and there was an email from Wayfair.  "BLOWOUT SALE", followed by, "Selected for You".

CHEAPER versions of the sofa I wanted.

My sofa was NOT included in the sale! 

😭  😭  😭

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Re: Wayfair Furniture Black Friday .. I am so UPSET!

That's too bad, have you checked local furniture stores. I got a fabulous leather sofa, over 1000 dollars off because I took the floor model. The store owner also gave me a deal on the leather chair to match even though he had to order it in the color to match the sofa. I saved about 1500 dollars on the deal. I only buy furniture once every 40 years so I was thrilled. LOL

Trusted Contributor

I feel your pain!  I've had a similar experience, although, with a different online store.

I have had 5 comforter sets and 6 pair of curtain panels in my cart for about 2 weeks...........they were at a nice sale price, but I thought I'd wait until Black Friday for a better price ~~~

Well, to my surprise.......once Thursday rolled around all the items' prices went up.

Disappointed in JC Penney : (

I guess I should have purchased when I liked the sale price.

Esteemed Contributor

I kinda know the feeling. Looking at video games for my son online, 

even chatted online with a store rep, she said yes the games will be

on our Black Friday specials. I waited patiently for the time to start

and no the price didn't even change for two of the games. 

So I contacted another rep online with the chats, that got me nowhere.

They speak or write in circles. Just say yes or no, no games.

Respected Contributor

@RinaRina: Don't give up!!!  The price could change again anytime during the holiday or in January. Hope you get the sofa of your dreams! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Check back on Cyber Monday.  Depending on what sold today they may include it in the Blowout Sale then, or sometime in December.  Who knows...

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

I got that surprise about Black Friday last year.

I had been eyeing 2 comforter sets last year at PB. The best, rock bottom pricing of the season came 2 weeks BEFORE black friday.

I have some flatware in my cart at Macy's hoping for a great sale today. The price was better last weekend!

Pays to stalk those prices!

Honored Contributor

Yes indeed, it would be sheer joy if we could determine for ourselves the prices we want to pay for things and select the merchandise that goes on sale...

Woman Wink

Truth is, I think this whole 'door buster', Black Friday, Cyber Monday nonsense has become more or less a big sham. I've seen better prices for several things on my list throughout the year than I'm seeing now... They mark a major appliance down by a hundred bucks or so and expect us to be wowed... I'm not wowed...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I can understand why you are disappointed but you have nothing to be upset about.  Even with Black Friday sales, many retailers don't put everything on sale.  Like QVC, my favorite WWC pants weren't discounted for Black Friday.  

Honored Contributor

Do you know the brand of the sofa?  I would be very careful of ordering a sofa I couldn't "test" first and see the quality.

Show a picture of the sofa to the designer at a privately owned furniture store.  They will be able to find you either the exact furniture or an exact match.