Honored Contributor

Guess it's time for a new water flosser.

Water Flosser.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess : Never seen or heard of any thing like this. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@Icegoddess : Never seen or heard of any thing like this. Southern Bee

@SouthernBee It's basically a portable hand-held Water Pik.  I discovered them when I was wearing braces.  Couldn't floss the normal way and absolutly hated pulling floss through my braces, plus you had to have special floss with to do it.  

I don't have room on my vanity for a Water-Pik or I would be going for one of those new electric toothbrushes that squirt water while you're brushing.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess : I have a very small bathroom vanity and no room for anything, just enough room for my single sonic toothbrush and small bottle of liquid soap. I really need a Water-pix. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

I've been using a water flosser for over a year now, but I still floss with dental floss first. It may be over kill, but I have spent a fortune on my teeth and gums this past year and I'm not taking any short cuts.

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I've been using a water flosser for over a year now, but I still floss with dental floss first. It may be over kill, but I have spent a fortune on my teeth and gums this past year and I'm not taking any short cuts.

I do the same thing.   My hygienist told me that even with a Water-Pik you still need to use dental floss.   So many people think that a water flosser eliminates the need to floss but that isn't true.   

After flossing I use the Water-Pik and I feel that it really freshens my mouth and helps to remove anything I missed.    I then use my sonicare tooth brush and finish up by using my Tri-Oral rinse.   

I've always been pretty diligent with my oral care so I never really had dental problems aside from one root canal many years ago.   Both of my parents had dental issues when they were older and I never wanted to end up in that situation.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Water Flosser

[ Edited ]

I have a water pik but I use regular gloss floss too.