Honored Contributor

Re: Watching reruns of My Three Sons and Leave It To Beaver

Growing up I loved Leave It to Beaver.  Watched it ever week.  Now that I'm working from home I started watching it again recently on MeTv.  It brings back a lot of good memories even though I do cringe a bit at some of the things June says.  Right now, these old shows bring a nice break and a bit of relief from the craziness of life.

Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

My Three Sons is still my fav TV show of all time!

Yes, it is good - except for Dodie.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

LITB started airing in 1957 so I never saw it on the first run, but I've watched the reruns at least five times. Very little of the dialogue is cringe worthy and many of the messages are valid today. I wish classmates Larry and Judy would have been featured every season, but after they were released, I learned to like his new friends Richard and Gilbert. 

Honored Contributor

I am loving the Lucy Show and Here's Lucy re-runs.  Although she can be quite a stinker when it comes to anyone who's 5 lbs overweight.  She did have a lot of *celebs* on her shows.  Her voice was hard to get used to at first.  A smoker's voice for sure.  But I watch both shows that I've taped every day, when I get the chance.

Also enjoy Hazel.  There's a certain episode that I watch when I can't fall asleep.  Don't think I've ever seen the entire episode---I'm out in the first 10 mins.  It's not a boring episode, it's rather sweet.

Valued Contributor

Oh I love both of those shows. Have watched them so many times now I have to wait a while. But....Robby dead? Oh how sad.

Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

My Three Sons is still my fav TV show of all time!

@redwingsgal 

I watch My 3 Sons and Leave It To Beaver every morning since I work from home....I love both shows...they are still funny

There was a real funny episode of My 3 Sons recently----Steve was going to entertain a client and his wife at a real fancy restaurant. Bub went to the store and tried to get a check cashed for Steve so he could pay for the meals, but all they had was a few bills and mostly $100 worth of change....it was so funny Steve went into the fancy restaurant with a paper bag full of change, he later transferred it to his tuxedo suit pocket and the change fell all over floor as he danced with the client's wife..🤣🤣🤣...pretty funny episode....I dont remember seeing that one before...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On April 22, 2017, authorities in Corydon, Indiana, were alerted about an unresponsive female, later identified as Erin Moran former Happy Days star. She was later pronounced dead at the age of 56.[5][27] An autopsy report from the Harrison County coroner indicated the cause of death to be complications of stage four squamous cell carcinoma of the throat;[28][29] toxicology testing showed that no illegal narcotics were involved in her death, and no illegal substances were found in Moran's home.[30] Moran's husband, in an open letter released through her co-star Scott Baio, confirmed that she had first experienced symptoms of throat cancer around Thanksgiving 2016 and deteriorated rapidly from that point, and that the facilities that had unsuccessfully attempted to treat her cancer had not made anyone aware of how badly the cancer had metastasized.[31]

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Oldies but goodies!! Boy, weren't those simpler times.

Respected Contributor

I love watching the old shows....They 'take me back' to a time when 'living was easy'.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

LITB started airing in 1957 so I never saw it on the first run, but I've watched the reruns at least five times. Very little of the dialogue is cringe worthy and many of the messages are valid today. I wish classmates Larry and Judy would have been featured every season, but after they were released, I learned to like his new friends Richard and Gilbert. 

@AuntG 

ITA I LOVE and enjoy Leave It To Beaver!  The shows are still funny and the majority of the messages are still valid and teach good moral values---right from wrong....  which should STILL be valid today! Yes, they do mention "spanking" that was done back in the day...and maybe couple of other things but its not what the main focus of the stories are focused on....  And LTTB is so much better and more entertaining than the qwap they show today which isn't even funny and is either full of either bathroom jokes or risque material....

And yes I did miss Larry Mondelo......Gilbert kind of annoyed me....LOL