Honored Contributor

That's crazy.  What's happening there in Georgia... 

Honored Contributor

Well, I would have received my license sooner if this had been the case. However that would have been a mistake because I definitely needed more practice.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Georgia has been on the minds of many (See what I did there?) GA governor is often in the news and not in flattering ways. I just wonder -- who's day is it to watch him? Because the governor keeps slipping away, talking on the microphone or making odd decisions. 

On the other hand, I didn't know what my governor looked like until recently. Couldn't pick him out of a lineup. Thank goodness we have informed, active and vocal mayors on the west side of the state.

If it's not one thing -- it's something else.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1   Me too !!!  I failed my driver test the first time because I couldn't paralell park.

Trusted Contributor

Considering the large numbers of drivers in this country with no license to begin with it probably doesn't change anything. 

Respected Contributor

@pigletsmom  Considering that these new drivers will most likely be 16 year old kids I would say this is pretty scary. Like Pook said this is the nut that opened tattoo parlors, hair salons, and nail salons 4/24/20 with the expectation that social distancing would be enforced. Yes our governor is a real "peach."

Honored Contributor

That driving test is a joke anyway, so quit worrying.  I flunked my first one back in the 60's because I could not parallel park.  The second cop didn't ask me and I passed.  P>S>  To this day I cannot parallel park.

Respected Contributor

Maybe because there is not 6 feet for social distancing in a car! JOKE

YIKES is right. I wonder how the parents of those teenage drivers feel about that.

Insurance companies must be wondering too.

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

This will likely impact young new drivers more and they're statistically the ones involved in the most accidents. Interesting choice.

That's probably why it was done because, well you know, that's not fair that I can't have my license the day I turn 17 or whatever the legal driving age is in Georgia.