Honored Contributor

Re: Wasp Spray Offers Surprising Safety

@Caffeina wrote:

I believe that's against federal law.

"It is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling."

https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-labels/introduction-pesticide-labels 

You really think the criminal is going to run to the police and tell them they were sprayed with insecticide because they were up to no good?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Using wasp spray doesn't seem like good advice

"Many jurisdictions specifically prohibit the use of any self-defense sprays other than pepper spray.(Additionally, most spray insecticide containers include warnings stating that “It is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.”)"

Honored Contributor

If someone is trying to break into my home and kill or injure me, I'm not going to worry about what it says on the label of a can of wasp spray.

I'm going to do whatever I can to protect myself.  It's called "self-defense".  Is it better, if I shoot the person and kill him?

I'm sure the warning is meant to stop someone using the spray in an unprovoked attack on another person.  In other words, as an "offensive weapon".

Contributor

I'm a law abiding citizen. However, if a low life criminal was breaking into my home and was theatening anyone I would not hesitate to use wasp spray! Violation of federal law or not. It's called self defense! I seriously can't get over how many people are more concerned for criminals rights and well being this day and time instead of the victim. 

Trusted Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Caffeina wrote:

I believe that's against federal law.

"It is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling."

https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-labels/introduction-pesticide-labels 

You really think the criminal is going to run to the police and tell them they were sprayed with insecticide because they were up to no good?

I made no such statement. Maybe the victim would call the police.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I'll take this advice, Philly just canceled 19 mil in police funding....so I think I'll open up a Wasp Kiosk in front of my house!

Kidding and politics aside I will at least have an assist with this  wasp stuff whilst I rent a room to my burglar during our waiting for help! (*wink*)